Replacement Battery - Yuasa?

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Hi,

Looking at replacing my Battery - I posted a thread a few weeks re I was Camping - Van had been left a couple of days - battery was totally dead when trying to start. Consensus was as it's nearly 5 years old, with constant door opening etc - i.e. powering modules etc it was probably a little too much for the age of the battery, thus replacement needed.

Current battery is Varta - 68Ah, 380 A DIN, 680A EN/SAE/GS. As always a myriad of options. Halford have two options that seem on a par/exceed at a good price, I just wanted thoughts re suitability etc please.

Yuasa HSB013 - 65Ah, 640A. Size 24.2 x 17.5 x 19. Price £112
Yuasa HSB110 - 85Ah, 800A. Size 31.5 x 17.5 x 17.5. Price £117

The HSB013 is slightly down to the Varta, assume not a material difference?
The HSB110 is only £5 more but would be considerably up to the Varya, however looks like it would be a very tight fit, if fit at all - I'm no expert so wondered if those in the know could confirm it would fit?

I have checked the following thread, there's a brief mention on the Yuasa - no real objections from what I can see:

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Looking at replacing my Battery - I posted a thread a few weeks re I was Camping - Van had been left a couple of days - battery was totally dead when trying to start. Consensus was as it's nearly 5 years old, with constant door opening etc - i.e. powering modules etc it was probably a little too much for the age of the battery, thus replacement needed.

Current battery is Varta - 68Ah, 380 A DIN, 680A EN/SAE/GS. As always a myriad of options. Halford have two options that seem on a par/exceed at a good price, I just wanted thoughts re suitability etc please.

Yuasa HSB013 - 65Ah, 640A. Size 24.2 x 17.5 x 19. Price £112
Yuasa HSB110 - 85Ah, 800A. Size 31.5 x 17.5 x 17.5. Price £117

The HSB013 is slightly down to the Varta, assume not a material difference?
The HSB110 is only £5 more but would be considerably up to the Varya, however looks like it would be a very tight fit, if fit at all - I'm no expert so wondered if those in the know could confirm it would fit?

I have checked the following thread, there's a brief mention on the Yuasa - no real objections from what I can see:

Thanks in advance.

It's not clear to me that those batteries are start/stop compatible? All T6's (possibly with the exception of some very early models) need a start/stop compatible battery, usually an AGM type, although later models are supplied with EFB batteries as a slightly cheaper option.

Yep - I've referenced this in my post, was after thought's re suitability - whilst spec's might be OK real life experiences can be different, hence the query

It's not clear to me that those batteries are start/stop compatible? All T6's (possibly with the exception of some very early models) need a start/stop compatible battery, usually an AGM type, although later models are supplied with EFB batteries as a slightly cheaper option.
The Yuasa HSB013 - buried in the blurb is "Halfords Stop/Start batteries..."

However, no mention of this for the Yuasa HSB110 - that's the higher spec one so was looking to get this, though still unsure if it will fit.

Thanks

The Yuasa HSB013 - buried in the blurb is "Halfords Stop/Start batteries..."

However, no mention of this for the Yuasa HSB110 - that's the higher spec one so was looking to get this, though still unsure if it will fit.

Thanks

Yeah, it's not obvious. I can't find any mention (other than that random bit of Halfords text which might well be a mistake) that implies that these are start/stop compatible so I would assume they're not. Yuasa explicitly list AGM/EFB battery ranges separately here and explicitly state they are start/stop compatible, which they don't do for the batteries you've listed so, again, I would assume they are not start/stop compatible. I would find an explicitly identified start/stop AGM or EFB battery to be safe.

Hi all,
2016 T6 Kombi Highline.

Garage told me battery at 60% and wants replacing (It is a bit sluggish starting sometimes).
Existing Battery is a Varta, VW want £330 for a new one. The original model is no longer available and finding exact match seems minefield.
The Yuasa 9096 is a an AGM, seems 70ah instead of the 68ah original and dimensions look more or less identical.

Has anyone used this Yuasa successfully or has any other recommendations, please?

Back