Renogy vs CTEK

Jonner

T6 Pro
So the renogy DC to DC with built in mppt is quite a bit cheaper than the ctek but is it as good ?

Dunno. But I've got the ctek and it just works. It does have a limit on the solar input power though which may be a decider.

It's better IMHO..

Thanks guys I did watch a you tube video on the Renogy and it did seem to be a good bit of kit .and with it being quite a bit cheaper I might be swayed away from what I thought I had decided on the ctek.

Oh no not more choices is the ctek not very high up on your rating .thanks for taking the time.

they are in no particular order.
but for the combi units ( that include solar MPPT ) the renogy is the clear winner for me.

its availible in 30A and 50A versions.

but with the BT adapter you can program and monitor.

so i always say go for the 50A - then set to 20A or 30A - then just turn up the power when you need more ( ie add a lithium battery to your setup)

short cut option :

just get the kit - the (50A dc-dc + Mppt) with the BT-2 BT adapter.

1652439491763.png

• 【Multi-input for Battery Charging】Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger is designed to charge service batteries from a starting battery linked to an alternator, or by utilizing solar panels connected directly to the unit, offering multiple charging options and ensuring your battery stay fully charged. Compatible with multiple deep cycle battery types: AGM, GEL, Flooded, and Lithium
  • 【3-Phase MPPT Charging Technology】 With Built-in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger will charge your service batteries with maximized solar power, providing 3-phase charging (Bulk, Boost and Float) to regulate the whole charging and ensure the batteries will be accurately charged at the correct voltage levels to 100%.
  • 【Light & Small, Ready to be Set Up】With only 9.6in in length, 5.7in in height, and 3.13lbs in weight, Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger is ready to be installed and adapt to any tiny narrow installation space, resolving your concern from limited room in you vehicle.
  • 【Multiple Protections】 Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger has multiple intelligent protections includes battery isolation, over-voltage protection, battery temperature protection, over-current protection, overheat protection, reverse current protection, solar panel and alternator reverse polarity protection, guaranteeing charging safety and protecting you batteries.
  • 【Bluetooth Monitoring Ready】This set include with a Renogy BT-2 Bluetooth Module accessory, which exclusively design to compact with Renogy DC Home App available on the IOS and Google Play Stores, you can monitor this device remotely and simply through your phone and stay constantly updated.

1652439576549.png1652439597892.png1652439586330.png

Is there any benefit of having individual units like victron mppt over a combined unit such as the renogy 50A DC-DC & MPPT unit? Do designated MPPT units somehow provide harness more power from your solar panel?

Back