Remaps Drinking My Fuel.

Keyz

Hi all

I got my 2018, 84bhp t6 remapped ( to 155bhp ish - 160ps) not long ago and now our fuel consumption is shockingly poor.. so poor its 30 miles to quarter of a tank.

Even when driven upto 2k rpm you can still watch the fuel gauge move.

We are thinking of getting the original map put back on its that bad..

Has anyone else noticed poor fuel usage with their mapped t6, I've checked for leaks nothing, sticky brakes etc the usal stuff, no faults on the dash... nothing.. before having it done fuel usage was fine, quater of a tank would do us about 90 + miles ish.

Its great having the xtra power but i love my wallet more :)

Any ideas

cheers,

To make matters worse, we had a courtesy van t6 dsg, 210ps model , caravelle ( i think its spelt) and it didnt even use quater of a tank going to leicester and back, 60 odd miles +

Even my stock 204 with my heavy foot can achieve 300 miles on a full 60-litre tank.

Even my stock 204 with my heavy foot can achieve 300 miles on a full 60-litre tank.

That was my thinking , anything above 2k the van was gutless and we had to rev it upto 3 to 4k to get it to move and we still had decentish mileage, get it mapped, more power to shift a lump, = fuel saving...

nope nothing ziltch..

even the sunday driver missus has commented on how poor the fuel is, and she drives like an asmathic snail..

I'd be a bit wary of using the first quarter of a tank as a yardstick though, it doesn't seem particularly linear. Mine doesn't seem to move for the first 70-80 miles and then I get 300 miles out of the first half, and 180-220 miles out of the second half. Saying that, if you're really only getting 120 miles out of a tank, thats got to be some sort of record!

i know exactly what u mean, our first 1/4 mark has its own mind in where it wants to be, even when the fuel light pops on, come out to the car the next day, the lights off and fuel guage goes up :rofl:

I fuelled it up, and it went 1 notch above 3/4 full... 27 miles later i was on half a tank, 40 od miles later im on quater of a tank i think..

Hi all

I got my 2018, 84bhp t6 remapped ( to 155bhp ish - 160ps) not long ago and now our fuel consumption is shockingly poor.. so poor its 30 miles to quarter of a tank.

Even when driven upto 2k rpm you can still watch the fuel gauge move.

We are thinking of getting the original map put back on its that bad..

Has anyone else noticed poor fuel usage with their mapped t6, I've checked for leaks nothing, sticky brakes etc the usal stuff, no faults on the dash... nothing.. before having it done fuel usage was fine, quater of a tank would do us about 90 + miles ish.

Its great having the xtra power but i love my wallet more :)

Any ideas

cheers,
Have you done any proper mpg checks rather than watching the gauge? Brim to brim?

Have you done any proper mpg checks rather than watching the gauge? Brim to brim?

No not yet, i know its a more accurate reading and a way of doing the mpg check, but over half a tank and just a quater left, and only doing 90 miles its gotta be drinking it..

Ill have to brace the wallet bashing and fill to the brim :|

I’m getting my 102 euro 6 re mapped tomorrow by Pendle, van does 30-35mpg its carrying pop top weight ect, be interesting to see what the computer says mpg is on the way home compared to the drive there, it’s about 30 miles.

Will keep you posted on results

Sounds like a dodgy map. Yes it can lead to additional consumption but not that much. The first couple of tankfulls through mine after remap used a bit more fuel than normal (but that could equally have been me “having a bit too much fun”). Now however it has stabilised and i’m getting really good returns, circa 630 miles per tank.

Back