Reimo Variotech 3000 vs California bed system

JeffB

Hi,
i am looking at converting my T6 and install a slideable bed, either the Reimo 3000 or California bed system.
I need to know which is the best quality and what the restrictions are of each bed type.
The differences i know so far are:

1. California 2 seats, Reimo 3, both have isofix.
2. Reimo rails are flush with the floor where the cali's are slightly raised.
3. The Cali needs a rear frame to support part of the bed, the Reimo comes complete.

Can anybody fill in more details as i have seen a few posts about issues with the Reimo 3000.
thanks
jeff

Reimo 3000 has less locking positions on the rails, the Cali’ locking positions have closer spacing.

I have a Reimo 3000. Three seats is very useful (for skinny teenagers with 3/4 width). Bed folding process fast and easy, and has a flat sleeping surface. It slides all the way back, so I can put bikes in front, or all the way forwards tight against the front seats for maximum van space in the back. Three panel folding design takes up least space in the van in seat format. Can be removed, although it is heavy! Sliding action is faff free - a bar across the front like a car seat, and two levers. No crawling under the back to get at hand wheels. Open space underneath, without a bar at floor level, means you can slide it even with stuff under. Seats not too high from floor surface.

Has to be installed at an authorised fitter - takes a day to do. Glued in from the top, so no fuss about my 4Motion.

Sliding positioning- several lock off points with passengers, or fix it wherever you like if no passenger.

It is expensive, but then so is California style. Floor ends up about 30mm over the van floor.

Tracks are open, so can attract dirt. I keep a bottle brush in the van, and a 12v hoover to easily clean them.

More pictures on my build blog

I have a Cali Beach (ie 3 seater) and it does need a topper to even out the bumps

Cali has a very good, robust sliding drawer.
So does the Reimo if you spec it. :thumbsup:
Can’t speak for the Cali bed as I’ve no experience. But we’ve had a Reimo Variotech for 6 years & find it very comfortable. We spend around 100 nights/year in the van, so it’s tried & tested.
It can be rattley, but once you have the knack it’s a simple fix, it’s down to technique. We have the drawer underneath which holds a huge amount of groceries.
There’s a removable panel on the drivers side which allows long thin articles to be slid in for the full length of the passenger compartment, we use this for our skis in winter.
I’d have another.

Last edited:
So does the Reimo if you spec it. :thumbsup:
Can’t speak for the Cali bed as I’ve no experience. But we’ve had a Reimo Variotech for 6 years & find it very comfortable. We spend around 100 nights/year in the van, so it’s tried & tested.
It can be rattley, but once you have the knack it’s a simple fix, it’s down to technique. We have the drawer underneath which holds a huge amount of groceries.
There’s a removable panel on the drivers side which allows long thin articles to be slid in for the full length of the passenger compartment, we use this for our skis in winter.
I’d have another.
That’s a great review!

We have a Reimo Variotech 3000 in a twin slider T6 Kombi, as a bed great, ability to move useful, but it rattles like hell.
Sometimes we can fix the rattle and its quiet for a few weeks, but it always comes back. We have read and listened to everyone who knows something about this bed system but none of the suggestions have worked for us. I have spent hours trying to find the source but have not been successful.
We know how to check and adjust the brakes c/of CMC who have been brilliant. Its not the raising of the back rest as we always jiggle it to make sure it latches properly. It could be we just have a bad one but so do a lot of other people that we have spoken with. Please choose wisely.

Back