Reimo Variotech 3000 bed rattling

Ruby16

We are very disappointed with the rattling and squeaking of our Reimo Variotech 3000 full width bed when driving our T6 twin slider Kombi van. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop this?

We are very disappointed with the rattling and squeaking of our Reimo Variotech 3000 full width bed when driving our T6 twin slider Kombi van. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop this?
Lift the base squab up (as you would if you were putting the bed out) get hold of the back rest & pull it forward then shove it back. The lever at the right hand side may not be correctly locked in position. It’ll click down when you rattle the back rest. We had the exact same issue until we sussed it.

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately the lever is fully down. However if you lean on the lever the movement of the back rest is far less. I will see if there is any adjustment tomorrow.

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately the lever is fully down. However if you lean on the lever the movement of the back rest is far less. I will see if there is any adjustment tomorrow.
There should be zero play in the backrest. If you try & rock it backwards & forwards it should be solid.

I had a similar issue. Found at the rear access the frame was missing a plastic buffer insert on the frame. Also check the seat belt plastic housing underneath the bed. These had come unfixed and were causing the rattling. All sorted and silent now

Many thanks SAF 1981, any chance you could post a photo of the plastic buffer as ours don't seem to have any.
If this fixes the problem we would be extremely happy :)

No but I get the gist of the earlier post. The 3000 is full width and has 3 sets of seat belts and rattles if roads are not as smooth as glass.
The best fix so far is turn up the sound system or wear ear defenders!

Sorry, I don't know the cause but it's definitely not right on that seat - our variotech 3000 is rock solid and we've never heard any kind of noise from it. Did you get it installed yourselves? If so, I'd go back to the converter and ask them.

Sorry, I don't know the cause but it's definitely not right on that seat - our variotech 3000 is rock solid and we've never heard any kind of noise from it. Did you get it installed yourselves? If so, I'd go back to the converter and ask them.
Likewise, ours is rock solid as long as you do the backrest jiggle. OP, have you applied the brakes/locks to the runners?

The brake locks are fine, CMC showed me how to adjust them at Busfest last year. The system was fitted by an approved installer. When we informed them about the problem the reply was. "Regards the seat we would have to see it unfortunately to correct any problems. It would have to be Monday - Thursday 0800 - 1800 as the seat will need to be lifted out". It's 80 miles from our house, so a 160 mile round trip to correct a fault that they were responsible for. Not what I call customer care.

I have exactly the same problem (mine is the 1205). The creaking, rattling and squeaking on anything other than ultra-smooth roads is unbelievable and definitely not what I'd expect from top-drawer German engineering. The lever on the right-hand side is fully engaged but there's still movement in the backrest. Also, regarding the two locking levers, the left-hand one engages fully but no longer has any grip on the sliding rail, so is effectively doing nothing to secure the seat. Conversely, the right-hand lever doesn't fully push home but does grip the rail, so offers some degree of securing. Just waiting for the installer to give me their thoughts - great guys, so I'm sure they'll offer good advice. Will report back when I have something to share.

I have exactly the same problem (mine is the 1205). The creaking, rattling and squeaking on anything other than ultra-smooth roads is unbelievable and definitely not what I'd expect from top-drawer German engineering. The lever on the right-hand side is fully engaged but there's still movement in the backrest. Also, regarding the two locking levers, the left-hand one engages fully but no longer has any grip on the sliding rail, so is effectively doing nothing to secure the seat. Conversely, the right-hand lever doesn't fully push home but does grip the rail, so offers some degree of securing. Just waiting for the installer to give me their thoughts - great guys, so I'm sure they'll offer good advice. Will report back when I have something to share.
The locking levers operate a cam that lifts a clamp to lock the seat to the rails. These can be adjusted to ensure a firm “grip”, I’ve done mine. There should be no movement at all in the backrest when the side lever is fully locked & home. Try moving the backrest backwards & forwards whilst pushing the lever down.

Would you be able to show how that adjustment is made? For the backrest, the lever is definitely as far down as it goes, yet it looks like there's potential for more movement given the slot space above. Does yours look the same when fully engaged?

PXL_20220908_085255806.jpg

Would you be able to show how that adjustment is made? For the backrest, the lever is definitely as far down as it goes, yet it looks like there's potential for more movement given the slot space above. Does yours look the same when fully engaged?

View attachment 171662
That’s not right, the lever should be all the way down & the bolt should be at the top of the slot. Note the foam packing that our converter fitted to reduce the rattling.14973F7B-A257-44CB-989F-E02A7E0B839A.jpeg
CAF77B90-3E27-4EA8-87A9-9318A11BF15B.jpeg
The brakes are adjusted by slacking off the lock nuts & winding the screws out using an Allen key, then tightening the lock nuts. What can happen, is that the mushroom shaped cam can come unscrewed from the bottom of the operating rod. If this happens, roll the bed to the slot in the rails, lift the bed so the runner is clear of the rail & replace the cam onto the bottom of the operating rod. This happened to me & I put a dab of loctite on the retaining screw.
2B666ED7-C061-4F2C-8C2B-BA7F27089710.jpeg
A53EDB20-CEF7-410A-B913-005971669612.jpeg

Back