Double swivel with Reimo 3000 rails

B3N

VIP Member
Evening all,
Has anyone any experience fitting a double passenger seat swivel base into a T6 SWB which has the Reimo 3000 sliding rear seat/bed already installed?
The sliding seat rails run up close to the nearside rear of the passenger seat base and the rear floor will also be raised up to the level of the rail - I understand the Kiravans swivel will only clear a maximum 20mm rear floor depth so it won’t fit…
Any advice appreciated - anyone tried the Rusty Lee in this scenario?
Many thanks,
Ben

Just posting for others benefit…
IMG_4022.jpegHaving watched a ton of you tube vids I bit the bullet and ordered the Rusty Lee double swivel.
For future reference I can confirm the base will swivel and just clear the Reimo 3000 bonded rails….

I’m looking to do the same but with Fabworx rails.

You don’t happen to know the height of the Reimo rails from the floor do you?

Also did you make your flooring up to the same height of the rails?

I can measure the height above the van base floor and let you know…
Yes, I built up the floor to the level of the top of the rails (well a couple of mm lower, just where the curved radius starts), loads of useful information on the forum and online but in a nutshell I cut various squares of ply to fill between the mouldings on the floor (I think it was 9mm ply), then cut pieces of kingspan insulation to lay on top, then 9mm ply boards on top of that, and finally 2mm thick adhesive tiles which brought it up to the right level.
All layers stuck down with sikaflex.
I took a gazillion photos on the way so I’ll dig them out and post when I get time in the next couple of days - easier to see what I mean with the visual aid!

Amazing thank you.

What was the kingspan thickness, I’ve only seen it in 100mm before, which could be a bit much!

How did you deal with the side step too?

I’m currently doing the 9mm packers/battens between the ribs. Then I’m looking at 13mm XPS, 12mm ply, 2mm altro.

No worries - I’m pretty sure the Kingspan was 25mm… some pics here but I’ll measure and confirm in next couple of days.
The side step was the caravelle side step and light as per this link…
Not cheap but was very hard to know which one to get - it transpires to be just the right height to sit on the floor, I think I intended to put packers under it to raise it more but didn’t need to in the end… I think!

IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg

Wow that is a pricey step!

I think I’ll finish the floor on top of the step with some aluminium angle profile to cover the edge. Like Knights Conversions in this pic…

IMG_6225.png

Yup - can’t remember why I didn’t do that in the end! I took this pic at a converters to help with planning… might be of use

IMG_4213.jpeg

Nice, I like that 45 degree angle better! Think I’ll do that. Luckily it’s the piece I’m cutting next.

Back