Regen - completes after engine shut down?

Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?

I had an absolute melt down when this first happened to me. As I opened the bonnet to see what all the noise was I was met with a rush of hot hot air. I crapped my pants, thought my engine had overheated and was fusing together. I ran into my house, came on here, found the explanation and relaxed.
Is there a reason it kicks in on a park up rather than as you are speeding along?

I had an absolute melt down when this first happened to me. As I opened the bonnet to see what all the noise was I was met with a rush of hot hot air. I crapped my pants, thought my engine had overheated and was fusing together. I ran into my house, came on here, found the explanation and relaxed.
Is there a reason it kicks in on a park up rather than as you are speeding along?
Yes! The van just loves to wind you up!!! Absolutely baffles me…..land home after a decent journey with ideal “cleaning conditions” driving style and the poxy van kicks off a regen when you park up!!!

Its basically didn't finish during your trip and the fan is started to prevent a fire :)

The fan sounded like a plane, the heat was unreal and it did sound like my engine was fusing, I spotted the higher idle speed recently and just added a few more mile on my journey, I don't want to hear that parked up burn fiasco ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I have a 21plate T6. 1 that's done less than 1000 miles. Today took it a run down M1 (20 mins) and returned a while later (another 20 mins). Got gone and engine making a funny noise, fan still running when turn engine off (normal I believe) but there was incredible heat and stench coming from the grill. No warning lights on dash and temp guage was normal. Any ideas? Front driver headlight has condensation which it didn't have before.
Thanks in advance.
i had the last days a similar problem

How do you know when its in regen, 2019 T6 caravelle.

Arrived home after a 10 miles drive and lots of noise coming from under bonnet and a smell like a burnt out clutch, found out it was in regen, is there a indicator or simular on the dash to say when it starts and stops.

Back