Voltage 15Volt charging

Tazmania.1981

89F31663-D739-406F-B44E-E0D3E57483B1.jpegHello all

I Got these codes coming up
Anyone can tell me what it is ?

Van is 2019 with 120k miles on
It seems like fans are coming on quiet often even after short journeys sometimes

Plus alternator is charging at 15 volt when engine running and when not running battery showing 11.9 volt

Dealer saying they can charge up to 15.5 volt

Any ideas and how to fight against a thing that actually not broken but I know it is on its way out and will also boil battery with it

I get some oil smell more like gearbox oil smell usually after longer drives but can not see any leaks

Bringing it in to dealer non franchised to inspect but as the cost will be owned by them they will more likely try to sent me away saying everything is ok

Despite 120k miles engine is sound but these other bits annoys me for £27k Van it is 2019 Combi

The alternator charging at 15v is normal, and the battery should be able to take that.
But a battery at 11.9v when everything is off is not normal and is normally a sign that it is on its way out.

Can't help with the other issues.

Pete

Note down all the codes.

Then delete them all and see what comes back.

As @Pete C said charging at 15v can be normal, but the battery of 11.*v off load is obviously knackered.

Id say the van is seeing the low battery and trying to charge it.

Get the battery tested and replaced if need.

The fan running after shutdown is also normal if the van is in the process of doing a regen. The fan is to cool the dpf. You will notice increased revs to 1000rpm while the regen is on ongoing.

See her for more about regen.

Reactions: CJW
Mine (150k) gives off that smell after a regen too. Far more noticeable in the coldest part of the year.

Back