Regen - completes after engine shut down?

Not used the van for 6 weeks .. been on short journeys 2 miles and fan is running on engine switch off.. If the DPF regen has been part completed .. 6 weeks ago would it try to finish Regen .. assuming thats why the fan is overrunning OR is there another reason for the fan overrunning .. Anyone had similar issues ?

Yes, you shut off before it finished. It will begin again next time the exhaust is up to temperature.

Mmmm .... seems a tad complicated to do a regen or part regen ..T6 has a good memory for DPF cleanout cycling .. dont think my Beemer has such a strict regime... All for the Euro 6 compliance perhaps .. DPF , Regen, EGR , Adblue .. where will it all end ..

Evening all. Just been out for first night drive with headlights on. On returning home after 6 mile drive the engine fan was on with a strong electrical smell, fan shut of after a few minutes but could still hear a hum from something in the engine compartment. Any suggestions what this could be. T30 150 2021.

Would this account for the odd smell and how often does it need to regen. You guys are so quick with responses. Many thanks

I have a 21plate T6. 1 that's done less than 1000 miles. Today took it a run down M1 (20 mins) and returned a while later (another 20 mins). Got gone and engine making a funny noise, fan still running when turn engine off (normal I believe) but there was incredible heat and stench coming from the grill. No warning lights on dash and temp guage was normal. Any ideas? Front driver headlight has condensation which it didn't have before.
Thanks in advance.

Never noticed it before though. Had to have a new DPF sensor at 100miles as it packed in... Haha

Back