Recommendation for window fitter - Portsmouth

Robot75

VIP Member
Hi,

Having recently purchased a T6 PV, I am hoping to complete a lot of the campervan conversion work myself including the window hole cutting, carpet trimming and fitting the window rubber trim but thought it may be best to get an expert to do the final task of fitting the actual windows to hopefully minimise the risk of leaks.

I have had a couple of quotes to do both trim and windows together which I'm sure will be a good job but not as satisfying as doing it yourself (plus the obvious cost saving)...but yet to decide.

If I go down the diy route, can anyone recommend a window fitter in the portsmouth area?

Thanks

Rob

Sticking them on looks the easy bit - have you watched any of the Transporter HQ videos? They are just bonded on with PU adhesive.

Also, you'll be able clean up, prime and paint all those bare metal edges.

Its a fair point really. Getting it all done professionally is definitely less grief, just not what I originally had in mind when I embarked on my DIY campervan conversion project. I suppose its the sense of achievement vs not risking destroying your van....which is my dilemma.

Then again, as @Paynewright points out , possibly the final window fitting is actually the easy bit! Maybe after i watch the Transporter HQ videos it will put me off, which could be a relief to my wife

Its a fair point really. Getting it all done professionally is definitely less grief, just not what I originally had in mind when I embarked on my DIY campervan conversion project. I suppose its the sense of achievement vs not risking destroying your van....which is my dilemma.

Then again, as @Paynewright points out , possibly the final window fitting is actually the easy bit! Maybe after i watch the Transporter HQ videos it will put me off, which could be a relief to my wife
I was in the same position, already to take a jig saw to mine then thought 18k and I mess it up the wife would never forgive me so professionals for windows and second row seats still left loads for diy; insulation sound proofing leisure battery bed lighting all of which can be done at your own pace

The windows are actually realy easy and very satisfying. I done the rear Quarters on my Kombi years ago using VW green tint OEM glass.
At the weekend I fitted two barn door windows on my son's van using camper glass kits. No leaks on either. Took about 2hrs in between cups of tea.

IMG_20201212_102227.jpgIMG_20201212_102227.jpgScreenshot_20201215-170556.jpgIMG_20201213_090705__01__01.jpg

Hi,

Having recently purchased a T6 PV, I am hoping to complete a lot of the campervan conversion work myself including the window hole cutting, carpet trimming and fitting the window rubber trim but thought it may be best to get an expert to do the final task of fitting the actual windows to hopefully minimise the risk of leaks.

I have had a couple of quotes to do both trim and windows together which I'm sure will be a good job but not as satisfying as doing it yourself (plus the obvious cost saving)...but yet to decide.

If I go down the diy route, can anyone recommend a window fitter in the portsmouth area?

Thanks

Rob

We can do this for you

Back