Fake Rear Quarter Windows - Trim Question

chappers0987

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

After a bit of assistance if possible please.

I’ve brought a Pair of VW T6 LWB Rear Quarter TOTAL BLACK OUT, FAKE Windows for my kombi transporter together with the fitting kit from CamperGlass but I can’t see to see on any of the guides if you are to remove the standard factory rubber trim from the sliding door glass panel.

Picture of the trim in question is in the picture.

If it does require removal what is the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

EE3E8C39-3B78-4A5E-A617-E2CC3FA736E7.jpeg

Left mine one but now you have got me thinking.

I wouldn't take it off if the windows are now fixed....in my opinion the gap will be too wide....

Hello pal, I removed mine...literally just prises off/away. Not the best photo but hopefully you can see the section your asking about

View attachment 173548

View attachment 173549
Thanks for coming back to me and for the pics and advice. It’s a great help. I’ve not fitted them yet as DHL have managed to loose/break the glass in transit so I’m waiting on a replacements. So frustrating!

How long does the adhesive take to go off?

Thanks for coming back to me and for the pics and advice. It’s a great help. I’ve not fitted them yet as DHL have managed to loose/break the glass in transit so I’m waiting on a replacements. So frustrating!

How long does the adhesive take to go off?
I left mine overnight..held in place with some Duck tape....also, I only used the adhesive in vertical lines as not to trap any water.
Use the primer as directed and it was all a real doddle to do...and I'm crap at anything DIY.

Hi all, Australia here...I am interested in fitting the rear quarter panel passenger (left) over wheel arch SLIDING WINDOW...CamperGlass design...I will fit a fake 100% tint on drivers side...has anyone fitted these...? If so, can you confirm if an additional cut is required into either or both internal vertical C and D pillar internal skins...? What is the size of the trim that projects through and into cutout...? I can source in Oz and they are the correct fit for my T6 SWB Transporter however, if extra internal cutting is required I may re-think my options...TIA :)Rear Q Slide.jpg

t5_swb.jpg

I am about to fit rear fake windows to my T6 but DO I or DON'T I remove the trim from the front side windows? I will have the trim on the fake windows so will this be enough to cover the space?
I have a white van.

Thanks for your reply. I have watched this and IT LOOKS as though there is no trim on either window. I cannot find a reference to a trim removal anywhere.

Don't recall seeing any mention of removing trim when I was looking, just adding the extra trim.

Which windows are you fitting and which bit of trim are you talking about?
There should be a bit of rubber strip that sticks onto the front edge of the rearmost window that hides the gap between the rear and middle window when the door is closed (and permanently on the non opening side)
I stuck matt black vinyl behind the window (and stuck the window to the vinyl) to hide the coloured panel behind the glass.
during.jpgIMG_20200607_201707.jpg

Back