Recommend some melamine tableware.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just started looking for melamine tableware.

I quite like the look of the Brunner stuff, as it has non-slip rubber inserts on the underside that also stops rattles when stacked. Whats putting me off is the fact that in photos the surface of the plates looks rippled so dubious what its like to eat off.

So what have you got and would you recommend it/ buy it again?

Thanks

We got these in the end. Only thing I could find that was anywhere near as good as my parents stuff from the 60/70s used in the caravan when I was a kid. No problem with rattles. Stuck with China mugs though and need to try again at stopping those rattling.

We got these in the end. Only thing I could find that was anywhere near as good as my parents stuff from the 60/70s used in the caravan when I was a kid. No problem with rattles. Stuck with China mugs though and need to try again at stopping those rattling.
Thanks. I have been looking. Found some that are made from PLA which is better environmentally than melamine.

We use a combination of good old fashioned enamel (heavy but almost indestructible) as well as the more modern eco bamboo stuff (lighter and thinner than melamine).
Our bamboo ware came from the Eden Project many years ago. Now much more widely available.

We use a combination of good old fashioned enamel (heavy but almost indestructible) as well as the more modern eco bamboo stuff (lighter and thinner than melamine).
Our bamboo ware came from the Eden Project many years ago. Now much more widely available.

+1 for the bamboo gear
Any particular ones recommended? Thanks

Any particular ones recommended? Thanks
Eden Project used to do a fab range with plates, bowls, mugs, beakers and jugs and more. Now down to dinner pates, side plates and bowls in a single design.

We have Melamine plates/bowls & stackable mugs in the same pattern.
Easy to clean, I’ve not noticed them making noise rattles but the dog might disagree if he could speak!
They do seem to have the ripples you mention but I don’t recall it being a problem when we’ve used them.

IMG_6482.jpeg
IMG_6483.jpeg
We’re very happy with them but to be honest only have an old thick plastic scratchy picnic set to compare to which was from a supermarket.

Last edited:
Back