Revs dropping and van stalls randomly

TB_32

Hello, first post here.

We have a T6 that seems to have an Intermittent issue with the revs dying and then increasing again on idle and quite often it'll stall completely.

This is 68 plate 150bhp T6.

I disabled start stop as I thought that this may be causing it but that made no difference.

Even when trying to pull away from a junction it's almost as if you have to give the van some beans to get it to move anywhere.

The van is not mapped But seems to go through phases of having this issue.

I videod the issue today whilst driving slowly down a private road, however I can't upload it here as it looks like videos are not supported.

The van is in to be looked at next week, but I'm keen to know of anyone has seen similar issues and of so what the resolution was.

One final point to add is that after having this issue when I turned the van off, it sou ded like the van was trying to do a regen as I could here the fans going like crazy.

I can send this video to someone if anyone may be able to offer some assistance on this issue.

Thanks.

You can't post videos directly.

But you can post a link to your cloud storage or YouTube etc.

Have you got a code scanner to see if codes are stored?

You can't post videos directly.

But you can post a link to your cloud storage or YouTube etc.

Have you got a code scanner to see if codes are stored?
No code scanner I'm afraid, I'll look to upload them to YT and post the url here.
Thanks.

Without diagnostic equipment, you will be very limited on what you can do, as it could be anything of an awful lot of things! Fault codes, and reading live data from the measuring blocks is the only real way forward on these very complex engines.
One thing that does immediately flag up, is fuel rail pressure, when the pressure regulator, pressure sensor, or pump quantity adjuster fail, you get exactly these symptoms. Normally it's an easy check with VCDS, and will very quickly rule it out, or show more investigation is required.

Back