Effective Luggage Cover for a Shuttle.......???.

T6WOLF

VIP Member
Messaging all forum members dismayed at the omission of a luggage cover in their Shuttle. When I bought my Shuttle 3 years ago I was impressed with the vast cargo area however the lack of a luggage cover to conceal your stuff seemed really mean of VW given the cost of a Shuttle to buy. I investigated buying a used luggage cover from Caravelle but soon realised you needed to have not one but two mid level luggage area courtesy lights. In addition the light fitments have additional mouldings in order for said luggage cover to latch into place. I found it impossible to source/ buy these at all. I came up with the following " home knitted " solution. I have an SE model which has a rather slippery fleece type carpet in the load area. To cover the area and provide a non slip surface I bought a textured boot liner for about £35. I also managed to purchase a Camping Table which fits extremely well into the load area with only two smallish gaps at the RHS and LHS. I covered this table with a sheet of black fleece car carpet which I bought for £12 on ebay. This hangs down sufficiently at both sides to hide your stuff from prying eyes. With the tailgate closed there was enough material to obscure stuff in the "boot" too. When travelling the table stays put and does not rattle or slide about ! The table top can accommodate light items , coats etc which should not damage the HRW elements. The Rocktrail Camping Table measures L120cms x W80 x H 71 and now costs £29.99. It has not been available for about two years but is in LIDL NOW. So if this "fix" appeals to you get out there and buy one tomorrow ! When going for a day out etc you just lift out the lightweight aluminium table - lift off the fleece carpet sheet and you've a handy table for munching at. Not a perfect solution but hope someone finds this helpful. ps The cheapest Caravelle cover I could find was £55 but useless without the latching fitments. Wolfie.

My Shuttle has very dark tint to the rear and side windows. It’s very difficult to see anything in the load area, even more of you use the window blinds. Also have a black IKEA tablecloth which gets chucked over things to disguise their outline.

Excellent solution Scottish Scrutineer ! My friend has a Shuttle with very dark tinting too and I fully agree you can see absolutely NOTHING that's stored inside. However my glass is standard specification and I could not get tints during lockdowns. Now quite happy as I've got an elevated " shelf " ie the table top to store light items. Wolfie.

Back