Recall: 'quality improvement program'

The tdi450 is the biturbo is it not (our 204, not the 150 model)?

Yes it is biturbo - sorry for confusion, 150kw, 450Nm
Engine Code: CXE017867

Funny thing VW just called me to advise there's been a 'fix' for my engine failures, seems the same updates as originally posted in this thread.
Wonder why they let me drive around for a few weeks after 2 failures knowing this was available???
Shows VW don't have a bloody clue what they are doing on this issue.

Ok, daft question, I'm wondering if these have been filled from factory with a dud supply of engine oil, as the oil in these is very specific, and the wrong type can stuff them, might be worth a question, or seeing if anyone has changed their oil at an early stage and not getting probs? @Dibbo , @Twoguns .. Just a thought..
Mine still has the original oil as it's only got a few thousand miles. If memory serves me right around the 3000 mile mark mine started to play up.

Yes it is biturbo - sorry for confusion, 150kw, 450Nm
Engine Code: CXE017867

Funny thing VW just called me to advise there's been a 'fix' for my engine failures, seems the same updates as originally posted in this thread.
Wonder why they let me drive around for a few weeks after 2 failures knowing this was available???
Shows VW don't have a bloody clue what they are doing on this issue.
Don't get your hopes up pal. I've had all the "campaign" work done and other stuff but it made no difference as it's at the dealers again now and has been for the last week.
I'm at four recoverys and counting now, I genuinely believe they don't know how to fix this issue and we have definitely been the RAD for this new engine.
Like you I've been a loyal VW owner with my wife currently owning an UP and we have had normal Golfs and a MK4 R32 over the years but this will definitely be the last VW, they won't be getting anymore money from me.

Mine still has the original oil as it's only got a few thousand miles. If memory serves me right around the 3000 mile mark mine started to play up.
@Twoguns, if they haven't done it already suggest to your senior contacts at VWUK that an analysis is carried out on the engine oil to ensure the correct stuff was put in at the factory :confused:. What has been the response from HQ VWUK to the latest recovery to the Dealership?;)

From memory, the oil in the long life is important, and especially on e5/e6, wrong oil will affect emissions on these engines, and fook the dpf and soot the egg.. But that's from memory

@Twoguns, if they haven't done it already suggest to your senior contacts at VWUK that an analysis is carried out on the engine oil to ensure the correct stuff was put in at the factory :confused:. What has been the response from HQ VWUK to the latest recovery to the Dealership?;)
Hi @T6 Dave's Dad as my holiday is fast approaching and this whole thing was starting to stress me out I have told them I don't want it back until I return mid May.
I said that's a further three weeks on top of the time you've had already. I want it fully tested this time before I pick it up too, at least 300miles.
If it is not fixed by then they have to start thinking about compensation or I'll seek legal advice.

@ twoguns, quite agree m8, but sometimes we are more able to think outside the box, and don't overlook or easily dismiss the basics and sometimes obvious....

Bugger, with I saw this before mine got towed Monday.
Anyone done a dyno run before getting this done - I would be interested to know if the software 'upgrade' reduces your power and torque to lower the emissions through the DPF.

Mine's at the dealer now for 3rd failure so will dyno regardless when back for reference.
If they change the figures through a software upgrade, without telling you in advance, then you would have excellent grounds for money back as your engine suddenly isn't the one you paid for?
VW states that as long its within the Euro6 requirments it will have no economic impact for us. The analogy would be a smoker that discover his sigaretts has increased level for toxic gasses that differ from whats declared at the package.. would he not be pissed off? My car has 40% more toxic emission than whats stated in my contract. They regret the have given incorrect info in sales and contract, but says it has no consequence for me... i beg to differ

Is this TDi450 engine in Oz the 204 Euro6 with a different badge, or an engine specifically developed for that part of the world?

Having managed, by the skin of my teeth, to get out of a 150DSG and into (yet to be delivered) 204 Manual I'm starting to get a tad concerned!

But then again lightening can't strike me twice.......can it?!

Is this TDi450 engine in Oz the 204 Euro6 with a different badge, or an engine specifically developed for that part of the world?

Having managed, by the skin of my teeth, to get out of a 150DSG and into (yet to be delivered) 204 Manual I'm starting to get a tad concerned!

But then again lightening can't strike me twice.......can it?!
:whistle:

I have a Euro 6 150 DSG, sticker shows it as CXHA (built last September). So far I have not experienced any problems with the engine and am getting acceptable MPG. However, I have not yet hit the 3000 mile mark mentioned above for problems kicking in (circa 2800 done so far). Also, I have not had any recall notifications.

Is anyone with this, CXHA, variant of the 150 experiencing the problems? Also, is there anywhere I can check my reg/VIN online against known recalls (all I can find is one for cars which doesn't recognise my van).

Thanks.

I have the DSG 150hp, currently only 4100km.... no problem with it, could not notice any change before and after recall. My only worry is high fuel consumption, Approx a liter per 10km in average long time. I also have 4M.

I have the DSG 150hp, currently only 4100km.... no problem with it, could not notice any change before and after recall. My only worry is high fuel consumption, Approx a liter per 10km in average long time. I also have 4M.
Your 10KM per litre equates to about 28miles per gallon. My first tank, brim to brim, was around 41mpg (circa 14.5 km/l) and, according to the MFD, I have been getting between 34 and 38mpg since (hard to get accurate brim to brim figures as every tank since has had some diesel going to run my eberspacher heater). Driving styles and load will obviously play a part, I tend to drive to UK speed limits but most of the miles will have been done with the van close to its maximum 3000kg limit. Guessing your 4 motion will account for some of that difference.

Still interested to hear from anyone with the CXHA variant and hoping that my lack of recalls and problems were down to things being resolved between engine variants (big assumption/hope that CXFA predates CXHA!)

Same but not 4m. I fill up about 60litres and that gets me around 370miles (600km) which is around 26-29mpg give out take miles and litres.
My last fill up was after 345 miles - took 48.5 litres - equates to only just over 32mpg but that tank included 6 nights camping with the Eberspacher running from about 8pn to 8am each night (granted it was very mild some nights that week so the heater was backed right off for most of the running time but, even on the lowest setting, the heater is still using some fuel). There are some massive variations out there.

Back