Rear Parking Sensors Stopped Working

Still having issues with sensors, have tried everything I can think of. Am looking at getting another module for under steering column due to lack of voltage at rear connection and have found a few on ebay, as eventually I would like front sensors does anyone know if I can get an 8k unit and just use the rears or would all need sorting at same time?

Also does anyone know where I can get the rear wiring from 7eo 971 541 ah as even though have repaired would like to get it replaced

That harness is over £200 from VW !
I owuld be going to a scrappy for sure or buy yourself a full retrofit kit if you intend to add the fronts ?

It will throw errors as the front sensors/button/speaker would be missing

Post a wanted thread, someone who has already done the upgrade may have their old 4K module sat around ?

Just a quick update, yes it was the reversing light switch that had failed, all sorted now :)
Hey, raising this one from dead. Hopefully you or someone might be able to help.
Got my van back from convertors amd similar story. No camera feed in reverse and the parking sensors not showing on screen, just a long beep.
Will check reverse light this morning, if its not working how do you fix the reversimg light switch?

Hey, raising this one from dead. Hopefully you or someone might be able to help.
Got my van back from convertors amd similar story. No camera feed in reverse and the parking sensors not showing on screen, just a long beep.
Will check reverse light this morning, if its not working how do you fix the reversimg light switch?
just back from the converters . . . ?

they may have damaged to wire loom to the back doors? ( the loom runs down the passenger side at high level, from the seat base to the back D-pillar)

lights and revers sensors.

have you had a poptop fitted? . . . other bits down the passenger side at high level?

a VCDS scan will give you some direction in regards to the parking sensors . . . ie missing sensor feed etc.

just back from the converters . . . ?

they may have damaged to wire loom to the back doors? ( the loom runs down the passenger side at high level, from the seat base to the back D-pillar)

lights and revers sensors.

have you had a poptop fitted? . . . other bits down the passenger side at high level?

a VCDS scan will give you some direction in regards to the parking sensors . . . ie missing sensor feed etc.
Yes, all the above. Pop top put in.

I'm going to take down the board as have lights to fit so will check all connections are still in place.

How easy to get VCDS scan? Will I need to go to dealer?

VCDS is a VW specific scan tool - https://www.t6forum.com/threads/vcds-vagcom-how-i-done-it.11229/

Carista is another possible option for logging faults - https://www.t6forum.com/threads/carista-how-i-done-it.8706/

OBDeleven is another option - Amazon.co.uk : obdeleven

Things you can try yourself.

get someone else to help you check all the lights on the rear.

ie sides, revers, hazards etc etc

rear window wiper and heater if you have one.

get someone with good hearing to listen to the reverse sensors individually ( van needs to be in revers gear )- get very close to the sensor with the ear . . . you will hear a very high pitch click,click,click,click

---

report back on what's not working.

---

all the wires run from the BMS and Parking module via a loon under dash, to under the seat base connector, then up B-pillar, then along top edge roof (passenger side) to rear D-pillar then down to light.

The revers sensors are conected via a third loom that goes from the rear d-pillar then along the rear bumper to the sensors.

Just looking at the carista. For 20 quid seems a no brainer!

Sweet. Ordered on amazon and will be here today!

Last edited:
Ok. Not much further on with this. Plugged carista in and found a couple of errors associated with parking sensors.

Any ideas?

Ok. From another thread it would appear the centre left sensor is not happy. Guessing this may be a loose connection or broken wire from converter.

1079060 - Center Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1077 14 [008], [009] -- Open or Short to Ground
1079089 - Center Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1077 31 [009]-- No Signal

A few engine related fault codes listed here ---> VW DTC List
Admin welcome to relocate.

EDIT:
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)

03224 - Play Protection Active

Sometimes referred as child lock activated. Actually I've seen when door lock was frozen and couldn't unlock nor lock from remote (was just driver door, others ok).

03303 - Response Closing Status of Rear Left Door - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
03304 - Response Closing Status of Rear Right Door - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

As of Feb-2021 it seems that ODIS is ignoring these faults not being "real" faults. I had van serviced with fresh both faults, however I was informed that ODIS didn't show neither of them. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 restrictions I couldn't accompany technician.

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)

1078804 - Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1076 14 [008] -- Open or Short to Ground
1078833 - Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1076 31 [009] -- No Signal

1079060 - Center Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1077 14 [008], [009] -- Open or Short to Ground
1079089 - Center Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1077 31 [009]-- No Signal

1079316 - Center Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor - B1078 14 [008] -- Open or Short to Ground
1079337 - Center Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor - B1078 29 [008] -- Signal Implausible
1079345 - Center Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor - B1078 31 [008] -- No Signal

1079572 - Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor - B1079 14 [008], [009] -- Open or Short to Ground
1079601 - Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor - B1079 31 [008] -- No Signal

1111826 - Front Left Parking Aid Sensor - B10F7 12 [009] -- Short to Plus
1111828 - Front Left Parking Aid Sensor - B10F7 14 [008], [009] -- Open or Short to Ground

1112084 - Front Left Center Parking Aid Sensor - B10F8 14 [009] -- Open or Short to Ground

1112340 - Front Right Center Parking Aid Sensor - B10F9 14 [009] -- Open or Short to Ground

1112596 - Front Right Parking Aid Sensor - B10FA 14 [009] -- Open or Short to Ground

The anatomy of the fault code
Fault codes can be a wealth of information! .. and we sometimes overlooked this. Here is a basic guide to understand some of the components of the fault code. We can break down the fault code into the following parts: - The fault code numbers - The fault code description - The freeze...
forums.ross-tech.com
forums.ross-tech.com

you can try swapping the sensors over, then clear the codes.

then a drive cycle.

see if the fault follows the sensor or sticks with the wiring.

I don't understand why this would stop the rear camera visuals coming up on the head unit though!

its all part of the PDC system . . . any fault will shut it down.

including the RVC.

Ah ok. Im with you. Glad that means if I get the sensors working it should all come bacl on line!

Back