Rear Parking Sensors Stopped Working

Dundrummin

The Park Pilot rear sensors fitted to my Kombi have suddenly stopped working, put it in reverse and the display stays blank or if the radio etc is on it does nothing. I have checked to see if the sensors themselves make any noise when in reverse but they sound dead. Is there a dedicated fuse that may have gone or any other ideas?

Edit: Signed up for VIP and been looking at the fuse info, as far as I can gather it's on fuse 30 along with the electric mirrors and a few other things which are all working so I assume the fuse is ok, what else should I check?

Only thing I've done differently today was use the Navigation for the first time and repair the blower thermal fuse...

2016 T32 Kombi
Tailgate
Factory fit sensors-rear only, no cameras

Last edited:
Fuse SC30 is the one that supplies the PDC module but also supplies all the major control modules in the dash so you would know if that one blew as the van would be very upset

Not sure how you could diagnose this one other than getting a fault scan done for any codes as this will specify where the error is

Cant see that using nav or repairing blower resistor will have any effect, its not even in the same part of dash

I know, just clutching at straws here :(:laugh:

I think when it stopped working, I put it in reverse and nothing happened, then it kicked in then next time I used it nothing happened, maybe a connection somewhere?

Mine stopped working when the VW garage pressure washed the van after a service. They worked a day later, and have been perfect ever since.

Pete

Could it be the switch has failed then? Just checked mine and with the ignition on (engine not started) reversing light, PCD and camera all come on when reverse gear selected.

I think you need to fix the reversing light issue and the PDC should sort themselves out:thumbsup:

Could it be the switch has failed then? Just checked mine and with the ignition on (engine not started) reversing light, PCD and camera all come on when reverse gear selected.

I think you need to fix the reversing light issue and the PDC should sort themselves out:thumbsup:

Nice one, thanks for checking, I think you may just have found the problem :thumbsup:

Just a quick update, yes it was the reversing light switch that had failed, all sorted now :)

Now they are actually working I have to say I need to get what I would call quite close to something before they kick in, for example reversing into my drive they don't kick in until I'm 1.5m from my garage door, is that normal?

I can check this out when I next find something flat to reverse against.

1.5m sounds a bit short. I checked my wife’s sensors the other day as she said they weren’t working correctly and it appears only one of the four sensors was actually working. Her system only has beeps so had to cover each sensor individually to work out what was going on. But you should have a display though right? If so are they all registering equally when reversing against a flat wall?

I can check this out when I next find something flat to reverse against.

1.5m sounds a bit short. I checked my wife’s sensors the other day as she said they weren’t working correctly and it appears only one of the four sensors was actually working. Her system only has beeps so had to cover each sensor individually to work out what was going on. But you should have a display though right? If so are they all registering equally when reversing against a flat wall?

thanks for that, yes all the bars on the display seem to light up together correctly, just a bit late for my liking. One thing I have noticed though just checking it is by the time it starts working it is already a couple of bars in, sort of skips the first one or two if that makes sense

Last edited:
Maybe you should reverse a bit slower then:whistle:
:rofl:

I’ll check mine out later and then you know

Maybe you should reverse a bit slower then:whistle:
:rofl:

I’ll check mine out later and then you know
:D :thumbsup:

EDIT: just checked again and reversed as slow as I possibly could and the first bars do actually activate.......at 160cm.....

Last edited:
Having issues with my parking sensors, long beep on first reverse, have found broken wires on rear loom 7eo 971 541 ah, which I chopped and replaced but still have the same problem, tested for voltage at rear and have only 10v also tested under passenger seat and also only 10v, and help where to look next would be gratefully received

Back