Rear Bumper options??

N33CKE

Hi all,

New here! First T6 (but have had multiple T4s and T5s!)

I’m in the process of starting a camper build and came across some smart looking wrap around led lights to replace the reflectors on the back bumpers however, my van is a standard panel van and the reflectors don’t wrap around....

Is the wrap around reflector bumper specific to a particular model? I.e a tailgate/ caravelle?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Hi all,

New here! First T6 (but have had multiple T4s and T5s!)

I’m in the process of starting a camper build and came across some smart looking wrap around led lights to replace the reflectors on the back bumpers however, my van is a standard panel van and the reflectors don’t wrap around....

Is the wrap around reflector bumper specific to a particular model? I.e a tailgate/ caravelle?

Thanks in advance!

Nick
Hi and welcome to the forum. I’m assuming you have barn doors? The reflectors do wrap around on tailgate models.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’m assuming you have barn doors? The reflectors do wrap around on tailgate models.
Cheers Chris... I do indeed have Barn Doors... probably a silly question... but can the tailgate bumper be modified to fit a barn door model? Or will it fit regardless?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers Chris... I do indeed have Barn Doors... probably a silly question... but can the tailgate bumper be modified to fit a barn door model? Or will it fit regardless?

Thanks in advance!
To be honest I don’t know, I’ve seen a full barn door to tailgate conversion, I think it was @Ads_Essex who did that. I don’t know of anyone fitting a tailgate bumper to a barn door van though, I think they are just too different.

To be honest I don’t know, I’ve seen a full barn door to tailgate conversion, I think it was @Ads_Essex who did that. I don’t know of anyone fitting a tailgate bumper to a barn door van though, I think they are just too different.
Thank you again! I have been looking at the bumpers this eve... I think it’s to do with the swing clearance on the barn doors! The BD bumper seems to cut away at a greater angle than the TG bumper.... I may pick one up and see if I can modify!

Cheers for the advice!

Thank you again! I have been looking at the bumpers this eve... I think it’s to do with the swing clearance on the barn doors! The BD bumper seems to cut away at a greater angle than the TG bumper.... I may pick one up and see if I can modify!

Cheers for the advice!
Here’s a photo of a barn-door bumper with a tailgate fitted. I haven’t got a similar one showing the tailgate bumper.
I think it tapers in to match the profile of the tailgate. So I think the doors will catch. I’ll try and get you a photo.

I’m sure I’ve seen those LED/reflectors for barn-door type bumpers, too. Obviously they don’t wrap around but the function remains.

However, if it’s rear styling you’re talking about, have you seen the rear diffuser that CustomVanz sell? It appears to have been made for the T5.1 (the same bumper as the T6 barn-door van) rear bumper, with CustomVanz having adapted it to fit the tailgate bumper.
There were some on eBay for a fraction of the CustomVanz price.

Here’s a photo of a barn-door bumper with a tailgate fitted. I haven’t got a similar one showing the tailgate bumper.
I think it tapers in to match the profile of the tailgate. So I think the doors will catch. I’ll try and get you a photo.

I’m sure I’ve seen those LED/reflectors for barn-door type bumpers, too. Obviously they don’t wrap around but the function remains.

However, if it’s rear styling you’re talking about, have you seen the rear diffuser that CustomVanz sell? It appears to have been made for the T5.1 (the same bumper as the T6 barn-door van) rear bumper, with CustomVanz having adapted it to fit the tailgate bumper.
There were some on eBay for a fraction of the CustomVanz price.
Cheers! Great advice there and the van looks sweet too!

Having a browse on eBay... will these fit the T6 do you know? They measure the same but they don’t say T5.1...

Thank you again! 06CE11FE-AD42-4C14-9C98-34CA019E2569.png

Hi

looking for a modified rear bumper for my t6 and can’t seem to find anything I like I’ve found a bumper I like but it’s for a t5 Will this fit?

or if anyone can point me in the direction of ones for the t6 full bumpers of diffusers

thanks in advance

Back