T6 rear bumper upgrades like this one pictured

Mwcard

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good evening all.
This is my first post to the forum. I have put a deposit down for a T6 LWB camper which I hope to pick up in about a week.
Looking around at some styling options out there I came across this T5. I wondered if anyone knows if a similar rear bumper is available for a T6 or is it a standard bumper with corners added!?
Thanks. I look forward to posting some pics when I collect mine.
Cheers, mattunnamed.jpg

Good evening all.
This is my first post to the forum. I have put a deposit down for a T6 LWB camper which I hope to pick up in about a week.
Looking around at some styling options out there I came across this T5. I wondered if anyone knows if a similar rear bumper is available for a T6 or is it a standard bumper with corners added!?
Thanks. I look forward to posting some pics when I collect mine.
Cheers, mattView attachment 119430
Hello Matt and welcome to the forum.

On a T6, the rear bumper on a tailgate is different to that on a barn-door model. On the T5.1, the bumper was the same regardless of the rear door(s) makeup.
The T6 barn-door bumper is the same as the T5, so those corner spats will fit. They won’t fit the T6 tailgate bumper, I’d say.

Do you know what your new van will have?
Click on the rear styling tag above and you’ll see some related threads.

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum.

On a T6, the rear bumper on a tailgate is different to that on a barn-door model. On the T5.1, the bumper was the same regardless of the rear door(s) makeup.
The T6 barn-door bumper is the same as the T5, so those corner spats will fit. They won’t fit the T6 tailgate bumper, I’d say.

Do you know what your new van will have?
Click on the rear styling tag above and you’ll see some related threads.
Hi Ads,
Many thanks for the reply. I have barn doors on the T6 I'm getting. I've added a picture of the actual van I've put a deposit on.IMG_28299-large~2.jpg

Hi Ads,
Many thanks for the reply. I have barn doors on the T6 I'm getting. I've added a picture of the actual van I've put a deposit on.View attachment 119450
So are you saying that the picture in the tailgate example is a standard 5.1 bumper or do you think it's been modified? Anyone see that type of mod before!?! Cheers

So are you saying that the picture in the tailgate example is a standard 5.1 bumper or do you think it's been modified? Anyone see that type of mod before!?! Cheers
It’s got two corner additions - they’re often called spats - that are bonded on to the bumper.

As your van is a barn-door version, your bumper will be the same as that T5.1 tailgate and barn-door versions. So that will make your choice a bit greater.

BTW that’s a barn-door van in your example (see how the number plate is offset)

Morning all, thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm sure I'll have many more stupid questions in the future.

@TrevorK Thanks for that link! I'm going to have a browse through the fellow two-toners :)

Back