Rattling On Sliding Door - Driver Side

Update -

Finally got the van into VW yesterday and my rattles are now gone!

It seems the padded tape on the clips in the door card works, hopefully permanently. Sounds very similar to what @Stan the van described.

Update -

Finally got the van into VW yesterday and my rattles are now gone!

It seems the padded tape on the clips in the door card works, hopefully permanently. Sounds very similar to what @Stan the van described.
Just come across this post and interesting to see that your Caravelle had the same issue. My rear OS sliding door recently developed a rattle after the VW dealer did some adjustments to the door to stop water ingress. Looks like it's going back in! :rolleyes:

Just come across this post and interesting to see that your Caravelle had the same issue. My rear OS sliding door recently developed a rattle after the VW dealer did some adjustments to the door to stop water ingress. Looks like it's going back in! :rolleyes:
Exactly what happened to me. Still not fixed and having someone else take a look.

Sounds like they have some quality/adjustment issues!

I've not heard a peep out of mine since the taping of the door cards so that is definitely something they should be doing for you. Same goes for @Matthew Reeves... get those door cards taped, it changes the driving experience massively - I couldn't have lived with that rattle for much longer.

I've not heard a peep out of mine since the taping of the door cards so that is definitely something they should be doing for you. Same goes for @Matthew Reeves... get those door cards taped, it changes the driving experience massively - I couldn't have lived with that rattle for much longer.
Just got my Caravelle back from VW. They had to fit a new top roller which wasn't latching properly and was causing the rattling noise. It also explains why the door rolled open when I was driving along one day! Wondering what my next warranty claim will be...

If you dont mind me asking how and where did you tape them please?

Hi
Might be your wing mirror. I have a door rattle but know it started just after my mirror was hit by a van coming the other way. the mirror looks perfectly OK but suspect a broken part inside. I haven't looked at it as I always seam to find something more important to do. Good luck
Hi did you sort your rattling mirror? I have the same issue and strugling to fix

Hello @ScottyMac, you have changed my life, i just ‘pushed’ the door card home across the top under the window and 80% less rattle (it had popped out). Do have photos or diagram of aforementioned tape fix? Not even sure how to get door card off but sure i will find that online. Many thx!

@ScottyMac I would also love to know if there are any photos of the tape fix for this! I've been having issues for AGES and have got to the stage where I will try anything to get rid of the rattle. VW have told me, too, that they can't hear what I'm describing! @Matthew Reeves did you manage to get yours sorted? I agree that it sounds to me that it's exactly the mechanism that you describe that's making the noise... super eager to get this all fixed!

Hi,
I’ve seen postings similar to this about people having rattling sounds going on for months.
When driving, I am hearing the sound to the side of my right ear.
I think it is to do with these parts attached as media - I don’t know what they are called, sorry.
The rattling is only when driving at slower speeds i.e. not on the motorway etc.
Is this something someone familiar with and also what would the advice be to stop the rattling.
Appreciate any advice as I am not sure what to do or try as solutions.

Matthew
Hi Mathew

After 12 months of persistence with my dealer we have sorted the rattle. Although it was sorted and retuned
They have replaced door cards, rollers and in total they have had the car for 60+ days
Apparently the end result was the electrical connector that engages when the door closes. I have questioned this as it does not seem right but they swear that was the problem.
I have also had a creaking noise from passenger mirror which I ended up packing out with neoprene rubber as the plastic was touching the door.
I now have a rattle free T6.1 just hope it lasts

Hi Mathew

After 12 months of persistence with my dealer we have sorted the rattle. Although it was sorted and retuned
They have replaced door cards, rollers and in total they have had the car for 60+ days
Apparently the end result was the electrical connector that engages when the door closes. I have questioned this as it does not seem right but they swear that was the problem.
I have also had a creaking noise from passenger mirror which I ended up packing out with neoprene rubber as the plastic was touching the door.
I now have a rattle free T6.1 just hope it lasts
@Toots21 - are you able to take a photo of the part that they replaced by any chance? Also - which VW garage did the work for you? Maybe I need to go to them…given that the one I’ve taken it to said they can’t hear it!!

@Toots21 - are you able to take a photo of the part that they replaced by any chance? Also - which VW garage did the work for you? Maybe I need to go to them…given that the one I’ve taken it to said they can’t hear it!!
The guys who fitted my pop up roof had a go whilst fixing the roof. They put some tape around the glass frame and it seems better. When I have the money will get the local garage who service my van to take a look and use the above comments on this feed to get it sorted once and for all.
Still hear it a little bit but an improvement and it is on my list to get it completely revolved.

Back