RANT of the Day…….

You could probably drink cleanly through the worst of the eruption, well, not cleanly but there will undoubtedly be a need to rehydrate the body?

I find that it’s a dodgy pack of crisps that does me in, never the pints!!!

It’s trying not to spill my pint whilst hammering down the inside lane to cut into queuing traffic that I find tricky.

Us brits love to Queue….”I’m Doing my bit I joined a long line of traffic and I won’t use the empty lane “…Wrong….Even when the highways agency put up signs that read..Use both lanes…we still ignore it because there’s a queue …..if you adopted that mind set in London traffic would never move…So use both Lanes… :)

It's not just us Brits. Have a look at the D38 coming off Noirmoutier-en-l'Île in France. Roundabout after roundabout, but with two lane stretches in between. In the height of summer that road is packed with cars heading back to the mainland in the late afternoon, so what happens as soon as you exit a roundabout is that Jean Claude pulls out of lane 1 and trundles alongside Francois, completely blocking lane 2 until the next roundabout where Francois eases back to allow Jean Claude back in front of him.

They'll fight for their little bit of tarmac now, but where were they when it really mattered?

Ah, the Vendée, many happy holidays spent in St John de Mont and Le Sable d'Olonne years ago when the kids were pre teen, seemed to catch the Bastille fireworks each year and many happy times setting off our own super petards in the sand dunes.
Have to say when actually on holiday I drive like an absolute tart or will buddy up with my best mates Etienne and Jean Claude to ride three abreast on our holiday hire bikes, we're on holiday so not in a hurry.
As for roundabouts in France I like to observe the rural French practise of stopping on the roundabout to let other motorists on, sometimes I'll be sat there for nearly long enough to boil a kettle, same with waiting to get on a route National...

Back