RANT of the Day…….

5 miles with these lorries jockeying for a 1/2 second advantage over the inside lorry is a regular occurrence locally - there are disadvantages in living in the UKs premier container port town. The sooner that this is banned on dual carriageways the better.

Ok I'm in, what grips my piss in no particular order are three abreast HGV trucks racing uphill on the various "smart" motorways with each truck going the same speed for the duration of the incline, yep a 50 odd mph rolling road block that goes on for what feels like miles.
Confrontation lanes where two lanes merge into one prior to a roundabout or simply from a dual to single carriageway... what planet does the arrogant plonker in the outside lane come from as let's face it everyone on the inside lane can drive as fast as the queue jumper so why would they want to let him push in front, I genuinely wish them I'll will.
What’s more frustrating……your behind the three overtaking lorries and the outside lane is clear….but as I’m towing a small trailer I can’t use the outside lane…so the German driver things he’s better than the polish driver and so on….International road rage…..Should do what happens on A14 ..lane restrictions for HGV’s ( that’s if they can read the signage ) :rolleyes:

There is a particular roundabout near us where left lane is left only and right lane right. The left lane always queues at peak times so some go down the right lane loop around the small roundabout and they’re at the front of the turn left queue.

I admit to doing it once when we were late for daughters dance lesson!
What I liked most was your honesty!!!

Lorry drivers know what they're doing. They just don't care enough to think about it.

There is a particular roundabout near us where left lane is left only and right lane right. The left lane always queues at peak times so some go down the right lane loop around the small roundabout and they’re at the front of the turn left queue.

I admit to doing it once when we were late for daughters dance lesson!
I've done this a few times, sometimes even accidentally, when you do get stuck in the wrong lane and no bugger will let you in.

There's a roundabout into the Sainsburys retail park in Shrewsbury like that. I always do it and am surprised that more locals don't as the Park and Ride bus has been doing it for 20 odd years.

Bit constipated today so I thought I would try and squeeze the blighter out using a bit of self righteous indignation and come at this lane merge conundrum from a different angle while I'm sat here...
What really grips my piss then, when approaching a lane merge, is the way driver's of older and smaller underpowered cars will rapidly huddle together on the inside lane as if their meekness will allow them to inherit the single lane ahead. Surely they must recognise that I've put down a much larger deposit on my flash crossover and can also currently make the monthly payments on the beast so they should therefore be aware that they're supposed to cede access to the single lane ahead where I can then speed safely forward out of their way and onward to my next lane merge.
I'm not sure if these "inside laners" are pursuing some sort of masochistic elitism similar to cyclists but again why should I spend vast amounts of money I haven't yet earned only to experience genuine hostility towards the way I drive almost as if my car is part of the problem?

You might need a pencil to help work that out! Don't push too hard as you could cause a stroke.
Just to give you a little more pressure... Yesterday, on a bike, downhill, into a village, 20mph limit, I passed a car loitering in the road at 34mph...
Go.

Once upon a time it would have been a slide rule but then again the oleophobic coating on a phone makes it much easier to clean after use and much quicker at logs anyway.

Bit constipated today so I thought I would try and squeeze the blighter out using a bit of self righteous indignation and come at this lane merge conundrum from a different angle while I'm sat here...
What really grips my piss then, when approaching a lane merge, is the way driver's of older and smaller underpowered cars will rapidly huddle together on the inside lane as if their meekness will allow them to inherit the single lane ahead. Surely they must recognise that I've put down a much larger deposit on my flash crossover and can also currently make the monthly payments on the beast so they should therefore be aware that they're supposed to cede access to the single lane ahead where I can then speed safely forward out of their way and onward to my next lane merge.
I'm not sure if these "inside laners" are pursuing some sort of masochistic elitism similar to cyclists but again why should I spend vast amounts of money I haven't yet earned only to experience genuine hostility towards the way I drive almost as if my car is part of the problem?
You should have been in my local pub last night.
No, nothing to do with the lane merging conundrum, but I'm sure the London Pride was well past its best.
You wouldn't have had time to ponder anything this morning while on the bog.

No, nothing to do with the lane merging conundrum, but I'm sure the London Pride was well past its best.
I got caught by some Charlie Wells Bombardier like that one time, trickly business keeping the pipes clean in the cellar and at home.

That pipe cleaner works as well internally as it does externally! Now you know how a crop-duster works, eh?!!

Hang on. What sort of 'London Pride' are you on about? The beer, or that other thing?

Frankly, I find all these "I do this..." rants quite scary. There are too many in this thread to list, whilst calling others bad drivers?
The lack of empathy with HGV drivers too is disappointing. They cant drive their 18-wheeler like a car. I think whats been demonstrated here is a general lack of tolerance :thumbsup:
[flackjacket]

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, I find all these "I do this..." rants quite scary. There are too many in this thread to list, whilst calling others bad drivers?
The lack of empathy for HGV drivers too is disappointing. They cant drive their 18-wheeler like a car. I think whats been demonstrated here is a general lack of tolerance :thumbsup:
[flackjacket]
I hope it is a full-metal jacket….!

Frankly, I find all these "I do this..." rants quite scary. There are fart too many in this thread to list, whilst calling others bad drivers?
The lack of empathy with HGV drivers too is disappointing. No they cant drive their 18-wheeler like a car as that test is more difficult. I think whats been demonstrated here is a general lack of tolerance :thumbsup:
[flackjacket]
Are you saying you've never been caught by a dodgey pint then?

Back