Ral / Bs Equivalent To Acapulco Blue

seewhy

T6 Pro
I am soon to take delivery of an Acapulco Blue T6 and I'm having a roof fitted. Obviously, getting the roof painted Acapulco Blue would be the most sensible thing, but if I went with a solid colour, does anyone know what's the nearest RAL or British Standard colour to Acapulco Blue? And how bad would it look? Anyone done the mix of metallic and solid?

As I don't have my vehicle to hand, I can't do a comparison myself. Going for a contrasting colour might be an option, but not one I would like to take up - before anyone suggests it.

Hoping someone can help.
Thanks.

Star command Blue
Thanks! Can't really tell how that would look if I put it on my roof (so to speak).
Looks like you've got the Acapulco blues too? Have you got some solid colour on your van, or are you just a colour genius?

Thanks! Can't really tell how that would look if I put it on my roof (so to speak).
Looks like you've got the Acapulco blues too? Have you got some solid colour on your van, or are you just a colour genius?
Hi.I have Acapulco Blue (the profile’s photo is my Van),and I have an acquaintance who has a Caddy with a solid color roof that I told you and it's not bad.
Obviously the final choice is yours, tastes are not discussed.

Hi see why, I am just about to take delivery of an Acapulco blue T6 so have the same dilemma, what colour did you decide in the end for your roof?

Hi Whit,
In the end I went with a paint code (LR5T) and had the roof spray painted rather than using a RAL coloured gelcoat. When the roof is down it looks fantastic. When the roof is up, I have to be careful that its not raining, but that's a whole different story relating to the tent part of the roof. So if you are intending to use the same manufacturer - HILO Roofs, I recommend that you read the reviews from the last 6 months or so before committing your hard won cash to them (or more likely your fitter). Here are my experiences, other opinions are available:

Hi Drama Lo Quality Roof - Sinking In The Surf

And this is one that relates to the HILO Sport Roof model

Hilo Sport Roof Review

Out of interest, why not just go for Acapulco Blue (or am I missing something?).

I did - LR5T is the paint code for Acapulco Blue - sorry, I realise now reading my reply that it's not self explanatory! So it was me that was missing something: a functioning brain :) or maybe I'm just going Loco with my Acapulco...

Back