Radio Ligth

T6 Guru
My Cali mounts the Composition Media radio (without navigator ..).
Connecting the iPhone via ApplePlay, I can use the maps of the phone ... but the screen of the radio even during the day, with the lights on, automatically switches to night mode ..... there is a way to keep the "day" mode also when are the low beams turned on?
thank you

Well... the confusing part is the iPhone here :thumbsdown:

So, you are not happy with the brightness of your Composition Media radio display when low beam is turned on? Or, do you have another "day/night"-mode through ApplePlay? And, the dash brightness adjustment doesn't go bright enough?

A solution to dimmed display would be if you configure your low beam work as DRL. Then you would have your dash lights in "day" mode when light switch is in "0" or "Auto" position and you would have your low beam on. The details can be found in VCDS tweaks.

Though the above means that you would have low beam always on when ignition is on - I'm not sure if that's acceptable?

My Cali mounts the Composition Media radio (without navigator ..).
Connecting the iPhone via ApplePlay, I can use the maps of the phone ... but the screen of the radio even during the day, with the lights on, automatically switches to night mode ..... there is a way to keep the "day" mode also when are the low beams turned on?
thank you
I thought there was a setting for this in the display settings menu. I don’t have my van at the moment to confirm but it’s something like day/night/auto or light/dark/auto.

.... it's not a problem of the phone .... it's not about the brightness of the screen but about the day / night function of the radio display ..... in short, when the light switch is off, the maps have a color, when I turn on the lights (the dipped lights are now obligatory) the display darkens in night mode so you can not see anything !! .... I thought there was a way to keep the display always in day mode ...

I have a a setting in my discover nav menu to set day and night mode to on/off or auto but if you dont have nav , i am not sure you will have this setting ?

..In fact I do not have the navigator .... but your display setting is independent of the lighting of the lights? ..,

No @alter, in auto it uses the lights as an indicator of night mode. If the lights are on the screen is dark or vice versa. This can be over ridden be selecting light/day or dark/night. As @StudleyGlass says, this option may only be available on head units with satnav.

Attached picture is from Composition Media (no Nav). It indeed has the selections... but for some reason they don't make any difference on mine. At least when dash illumination adjustment is not set at max brightness. Weird... may be I'm missing something here...
Composition_media_day_night.jpg

Back