iPhone notifications

LBird80

T6 Pro
Hi

I have a 2018 T6 Highline without Sat Nav.
When I need Sat nav I use google maps on my iPhone.
I’ve noticed that the notifications from the iPhone don’t come through the van speakers even though it is connected via Bluetooth resulting in a few missed turns. :)

But yesterday when I was playing Spotify via Bluetooth all the notifications started coming through.

Is it right that they should only work when the media being played is from the iPhone meaning I won’t get notifications when listening to the radio?

Or is there a fix for this in the settings or is it something which needs coding?

Many thanks
Lee

It's going back a while but there are some settings in Google Maps as in the link below. I did fiddle with these and it did work. We're going back a year or so now though, sorry my memory of it isn't great.

Thanks you.
I have had a play with google settings but cannot get it to work when listening to the radio. It will only work when listening to iPhone media.

I’ve just switched off the play voice over Bluetooth to see if that works better using the iPhone speaker instead.

Last edited:
Hi, when I used navigon on my iPhone when driving in hire cars I recall that the notifications came through the car head units when the radio was on as if they were phone calls - that is the head unit would show my mobile number whilst giving the audible turn notifications. I suspect, as CJW suggests, that it is something in the app settings that enables bluetooth communication to override the operation of the head unit. Other than that I have no idea where it may be in google maps. I can't check on the navigon app any more as after 'upgrading' my phone the maps I paid for are no longer available to download, so I have lost it!

In my T6 Highline I changed the head unit to the cheap (relatively speaking) Chinese RCD360 that gives me CarPlay to run various sat nav apps directly on the head unit. Internet radio is also more reliable that DAB was in my van, it may be different in yours as I have various LED things going on.

Hi, when I used navigon on my iPhone when driving in hire cars I recall that the notifications came through the car head units when the radio was on as if they were phone calls - that is the head unit would show my mobile number whilst giving the audible turn notifications. I suspect, as CJW suggests, that it is something in the app settings that enables bluetooth communication to override the operation of the head unit. Other than that I have no idea where it may be in google maps. I can't check on the navigon app any more as after 'upgrading' my phone the maps I paid for are no longer available to download, so I have lost it!

In my T6 Highline I changed the head unit to the cheap (relatively speaking) Chinese RCD360 that gives me CarPlay to run various sat nav apps directly on the head unit. Internet radio is also more reliable that DAB was in my van, it may be different in yours as I have various LED things going on.
A new head unit is on my list….

Back