Using Apple CarPlay via bluetooth

and it’s paired ?
It seems to default to the settings screen and freezes. If I touch the screen it changes the language after a long pause. If I turn the volume button it goes Chinese. But it is definitely struggling with any interaction. As I said, none of this happened in the T6.1, just dialled straight in. Might buy a different brand for the T6 and try that but wondered about others with older T6s being able to hook the carlinkit up.

The connection issue needs resolving before you looks at wireless options.

Could be the cable between the headunit and the USB port or it could be it needs a software update.

The update I can look at sorting remotely. The wiring I'd need the van
I have the same issue with mine

So I bought this:

View attachment 171219

Just installed it and been out for a drive = seems to work OK and at the price I paid I'm really happy.

That said VW should have this built in
Are you still happy with this solution? Also, can you charge your phone by plugging it in without disrupting the wireless connection?

Are you still happy with this solution? Also, can you charge your phone by plugging it in without disrupting the wireless connection?
I have that solution in the v4.0. It was a nightmare to start. the developer contacted me, asked me, after a salty review, to take a couple of screen shots and logs. I did and sent them off. And then fixed it with a Firmware upgrade that addressed T6 specific issue (Suspect it was really a VW issue) . Been flawless since.

the price has gone up though I paid £64 in December. This can have a £44 discount voucher applied.

I have a V4 in my work van (transit custom) and I think it’s great, can’t comment on any T6 specifics but overall pleased with the device, mine was around £45 of eBay several months ago

Yes. I am very happy seeing as VW seem to think there isn't a problem - and I know there is.

I plug the device into the USB port on the dash and charge the phone from the lower USB port or the USB port in the glovebox

Hi,

I would appreciate some help.

I have a T6 2016 with the discovery head unit, Android Auto works very well when I plug into the USB. 20230613_183304.jpgI tried to run a Carlinkit 4.0 from the same USB and it won't connect. It just hangs, like it does not recognise the USB input, screen shot attached.
20230624_183947.jpg

Details

Firmware version MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0369T
USB SURFSTICK 3101.355.0.0

Has someone successfully connected a Carlinkit 4.0 to their 2016ish T6? If so, what firmware version are you running please?

Many thanks.

I have the Carlinkit4 and it works fine in my car, and Mrs Spaghetti’s. You can plug the phone into a charger or unplug it and it’s seamless. I can bring one to the forum meet if you want to give it a go on yours?

@MrTango I can’t check the Carlinkit4 on my T6 as I’ve not got the standard head unit in mine.

I have the Carlinkit4 and it works fine in my car, and Mrs Spaghetti’s. You can plug the phone into a charger or unplug it and it’s seamless. I can bring one to the forum meet if you want to give it a go on yours?

@MrTango I can’t check the Carlinkit4 on my T6 as I’ve not got the standard head unit in mine.
Forum meet?

Back