Pressure-Washing the van.. touchless wash?

You dont need to spend much to get a good lance/bottle. Been using one of these for a while now...

£13.56 | MJJC with High Quality Foam Gun for Karcher K2 - K7, Snow Foam Lance for all Karcher K Series pressure washer Karcher
£13.56 | MJJC with High Quality Foam Gun for Karcher K2 - K7, Snow Foam Lance for all Karcher K Series pressure washer Karcher

Much better than the bottle that came with my Karcher.

View attachment 57215
How long had the snow foam been on when you took this pic? I would say that's not really "snow foam" more shampoo.

Try adjusting the mixture strength, so it's a thick coat. Thicker coat weighs more and will pull more dirt off in your pre-wash stage.

Hope that helps?

IMG_7293.jpg

Thanks @Clydiee . That pic was taken with one of my first applications using Autoglym polar blast. Since then I've made some adjustments to the settings on the bottle and get thicker results. I'll take a more up to date picture next time I snow foam.

Thanks @Clydiee . That pic was taken with one of my first applications using Autoglym polar blast. Since then I've made some adjustments to the settings on the bottle and get thicker results. I'll take a more up to date picture next time I snow foam.
That's cool chap, just trying to help :thumbsup:

After reading some feedback on here, I bought the snow foam lance from Autobrite Direct. It came with a bottle of their Magifoam Snow Foam Solution chucked in.

Firstly: the AD lance makes my Karcher snowfoam lance look pathetic. For anyone debating which once to buy, save your money and don’t buy the Karcher offering.
Secondly: I found Bilt Hamber snowfoam appeared to remove more dirt than the AD snowfoam (side by side comparison).

After reading some feedback on here, I bought the snow foam lance from Autobrite Direct. It came with a bottle of their Magifoam Snow Foam Solution chucked in.

Firstly: the AD lance makes my Karcher snowfoam lance look pathetic. For anyone debating which once to buy, save your money and don’t buy the Karcher offering.
Secondly: I found Bilt Hamber snowfoam appeared to remove more dirt than the AD snowfoam (side by side comparison).
Interested to hear your comments on the Bilt Hamber stuff. It’s one of a few that I’ve not used. After trying loads in the past I settled on the AD Magifoam and have always been impressed with it. When it ran out recently I tried the Autoglym Polar blast (I was in Halfords for something else, saw it and thought I would try it) which is OK, but doesn’t move as much dirt as the AD.
I’ll have to give the Bilt Hamber stuff a go next.

I use bilt hamber after using plenty of others and find although its not as thick others its the best for removing the grime. It doesnt strip off any of your coatings and leaves a nice finish.

Last edited:
Ordered some Bilt Hamber. Think I'll try a blend in a litre bottle. 200 mls of Bilt Hamber for its cleaning ability. 100 mls of AD Magifoam, to hopefully add some weight and of course, some foamy fun.

Ordered some Bilt Hamber. Think I'll try a blend in a litre bottle. 200 mls of Bilt Hamber for its cleaning ability. 100 mls of AD Magifoam, to hopefully add some weight and of course, some foamy fun.
Maybe also a shot of citrus.. just for japes :p

Over ice, a shot of lime juice and a cocktail umbrella just for giggles.

FedEx has made the delivery. Wish I hadn't spent yesterday washing the van. Now in desperate need of a dirty weekend searching for a ploughed field for some vanocross. :unsure:

Thats what i do as well works a treat. And bilt hamber is one of the cheapest pre wash out there..winner winner.

I seem to recall that the forensic detailing guy said the Bilt Hamber snowfoam was one of the better ones for actually removing all the shite.

I've just got some Bilt Hamber Atom Mac to try out, to prevent rusting disks. Pretty sceptical to be honest but thought it was worth a try

Edit: yup, here he is

Anyway, I dont think it's right to have a thread about power washing a van without bangin on about the karcher short gun! Best car/van washing accessory ever!

I quite like the Forensic Detailing channel on YouTube as mentioned above. The guy seems quite objective with his reviews,covering a broad range of areas of comparison with each product. He admits to being a fan of BH products but that doesn't seem to prevent him crediting other products where it's due. I use the Sonax BSD quick wax on my van that he recommends. He's right about how long it lasts, its value for money and ease of application. Easily 3 or 4 months of water beading. Have the Bilt Hamber snow foam now. Quite encouraged by the anti corrosion properties his experiment returned on it. I think I'll use this as the pre wash and use it in under arch areas to, while using the AD Magifoam as a shampoo. Love the silky feel the Magifoam gives when you run a mit over the bodywork. Really feels like it's being kind to your bodywork when your rubbing it down. It dwells really well . Where as the BH doesn't really foam or hold any weight. Some pics as examples....
20200303_143534.jpg Bilt Hamber
20200303_144255.jpg Magifoam
20200303_144620.jpg Think the monoblock under the van tells the story of two halves.

Really would like the van to be properly manky, to put the BH stuff to a real test.

Last edited:
Lots of elbow grease and then coffee...........;)
37F19E48-608A-4C9A-8ADA-2953CCCF44ED.jpeg

Back