Hosepipe ban incoming

dennismo

150 Kombi Edition - LV Sportline
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all. So…with hosepipe bans expecting in various parts of the country, including Yorkshire where I am by the end of the month… (when let’s be honest, it will probably be raining!!) I had a question about using a pressure washer!

It a pressure washer is used fed from a bucket / Jerry can (rather than a hose direct from the tap) - is that a legitimate use / do people think it would be in breach of the ban?

Thoughts appreciated…van washing will still be required!!

Lol...

Depends how moaning your neighbors are, them green people would consider any washing of cars or vans a gross misuse of water during a weather warning and hosepipe ban.

You my need to do it at the dead of night.

:mexican wave:

I'm usually a van washing freak but although I'm not in an area with a hosepipe ban (yet) I haven't washed it for weeks. I don't really worry what neighbours think, It's been too hot to wash it, washing hot paintwork is never a good idea and by the evening when it's in the shade I can't be bothered!
It's an anomaly that in a hosepipe ban you can't use a pressure washer or hosepipe to clean your van but you can go and pay others to use a pressure washer to wash your van!

I'm usually a van washing freak but although I'm not in an area with a hosepipe ban (yet) I haven't washed it for weeks. I don't really worry what neighbours think, It's been too hot to wash it, washing hot paintwork is never a good idea and by the evening when it's in the shade I can't be bothered!
It's an anomaly that in a hosepipe ban you can't use a pressure washer or hosepipe to clean your van but you can go and pay others to use a pressure washer to wash your van!
How can the money be laundered otherwise?!!

* I’ll get my coat, there may be a shower coming!

So just washed the van she was in a right state was really dusty from work but she’s gleaming now!!

I’ve been barred from bringing the van in to our place for any reason including washing it. A jealous neighbour took too many liberties so now we have a blanket ban. Today I had to actually pay for the hand wash men at Tescos to wash it. Nice job but £15 just for the outside. o_O

I’ve been barred from bringing the van in to our place for any reason including washing it. A jealous neighbour took too many liberties so now we have a blanket ban. Today I had to actually pay for the hand wash men at Tescos to wash it. Nice job but £15 just for the outside. o_O
I`m amazed its £15. Round my way the car wash guys want upwards of £40 just to wash the outside, and they won`t even touch my van, as they say its too dirty !

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I think I’ll use the Katcher Wash Park if it is still open for a basic wash just to keep it clean - but won’t use their brush I’ll use my own mitt.
Unless they won’t be open during a hosepipe ban.

Maybe there’s an opening for a wash park where they recycle some/all of the water?

Maybe there’s an opening for a wash park where they recycle some/all of the water?
Water is already ‘recycled’ after being washed down the drain. For example it is said that “Water in London can be recycled up to seven times”.

Water is already ‘recycled’ after being washed down the drain. For example it is said that “Water in London can be recycled up to seven times”.
Hmm - I think I meant directly by the wash park :unsure:

I bought a submersible pump recently so the wife could water her garden plants with the water from the bath - we both have showers with the plug in and it fills up 3/4 of the bath - I then pump this out the window and into her water butts. Might see if I can do the van with it too.

9F901049-1D46-43F6-B369-A3BCA8494538.jpeg

Last edited:
All water is recycled. I can guarantee that yours isn’t the first set of kidneys it’s been through. I recently retired after 30 years in the water treatment industry. The technology (pretty straightforward & not complex) already exists to recycle sewage to drinking water in one step, ergo an infinite supply of drinking water. The only thing preventing it is customer resistance.

Back