Power-folding mirror retrofit

Hi good morning

Im new to this site and after some technical help . I've fitted the travelin lite genuine electric folding mirror kit to my t6 2015 highline kombi and have got to the final connection stage. My issue is connecting the positive 'on' connection as the wiring info states a thick black and yellow wire that feeds lighting switch to make connection. This isn't present on my vehicle and im unsure where to connect. I've tired to call technical help line but no reply. Any help would be appreciated thanks lee.

Have you checked these if they are related:

I have VCDs, you are welcome to borrow if you what to code them. I am local to you.

This is the info you need to do it i think for your model ? How To Program Folding Mirrors - Pictogram
Hi @StudleyGlass would you still be willing to do this? I’ve just installed the travelin-lite upgrade (as advised by a friend who works for be.) and it still doesn’t work although continuity is fine on all wires. . I work for a brewery so assume something can be arranged

Hi @StudleyGlass would you still be willing to do this? I’ve just installed the travelin-lite upgrade (as advised by a friend who works for be.) and it still doesn’t work although continuity is fine on all wires. . I work for a brewery so assume something can be arranged
Unfortunately VCDS is not going to solve your problem. Your wiring is not right or "T" module is faulty.

Reactions: mmi
Surely though if I remove the travel-in lite module I should be able to recode existing as it’s a MY16.
Tried to contact them but because I brought it well over 12 months ago and can’t find proof of purchase I’m doubtful they would do anything. Wiring is as per instructions (checked 3 times)

CCC3A3D9-3F60-45F3-B494-76EEA2E7C9D9.jpeg

ED877EDC-52DE-42AF-92F9-DA3794E04DE8.jpeg

Surely though if I remove the travel-in lite module I should be able to recode existing as it’s a MY16.
Tried to contact them but because I brought it well over 12 months ago and can’t find proof of purchase I’m doubtful they would do anything. Wiring is as per instructions (checked 3 times)

View attachment 79436

View attachment 79437
Travelinlite have never answered any email I’ve sent them but they are helpful, I think the email is unmonitored, just phone them.

Your welcome to borrow my VCDs if you would like to try this option.

So at the risk of stirring up the hornets nest!

im looking to fit power fold function to my 2018 T6 mirrors. They are factory heated and electric as it’s a high line.

travelin lite have two kits with quite a price difference

and

I’m really confused as to which I need or indeed both ?

amyone else used or done this or other ?

Selamlar,

2018 model VW t6 Çamlıvan aracıma katlanır ayna yaptırmak istiyorum.
Ayna mekanizması, cam motorları ve ayna katlama ile ilgili düğmeyi aldım. Montajdan sonra herhangi bir kodlama yapmam gerekecek mi? .
Gerekirse, lütfen kodlama yöntemimi bana bildirin. kodları benimle paylaş

Hi @beetle65,

I'm not sure how many guys speak your language on here so for those that don't I've translated it to English (Thank god for Google Translate).

Hello,

I want to have a folding mirror installed on my 2018 model VW T6 window van.
I got the button about the mirror mechanism, the window motors and the mirror folding. Will I need to do any coding after assembly? .
If necessary, please let me know my coding method. share the codes with me

Hi everybody I’m new to the forum and going to jump in straight away and ask for some advice. I have read a couple of post on this subject but they don’t appear to answer my question. Just purchased the total upgrade kit including mirrors from Travelin lite to install all on my 2019 T6. So far so good I have power to both mirrors everything working, heat and adjustment. The problem I have are the last 4 wires, 2 to each mirror, the colour of wires on the OES mirror loom are different to in install wiring diagram.

Passenger Mirror has white, brown, green
White/green and green/yellow.

Driver mirror has white, brown, green
Black/red and black/green

Just wondered if anybody had fitted these to a 2019 T6 and know what colours to connect to.

Those wire colours are different to OEM power folding mirrors. Where have you got your mirrors from?

Can you post a pic?

Hi, unable to Post plus until home from work, the mirrors are 3rd party I believe, they come in the kit from Travelin-lite.

Ok so the first 2 pics are the passenger side OEM plug and new mirror plug and the 2nd 2 are the driver side.

8F848F21-0651-45C1-A45C-B9DF62EFD7D0.jpeg

4DDB0461-FE7E-4F5B-965B-DB4FE728D580.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The wires in your OEM plugs are as follows. The mirror plugs do not have OEM colours but maybe the pins will match. You should have two unused wires in each mirror plug, these will be the power fold motor which should connect directly to the Travelin-Lite module. If they fold up when they should fold down then you have them the wrong way round. :p

Drivers side door plug
Pin 10 - Brown - Heated mirror element -ve
Pin 8 - White - Heated mirror element +ve
Pin 1 - White/Green - Mirror adjustment motors common
Pin 6 - Green - Mirror adjustment motor
Pin 5 - Green/Yellow - Mirror adjustment motor

Passenger side door plug
Pin 10 - Brown - Heated mirror element -ve
Pin 8 - White - Heated mirror element +ve
Pin 1 - Black/Red - Mirror adjustment motors common
Pin 6 - Black/Green - Mirror adjustment motor
Pin 5 - Green - Mirror adjustment motor

If you had OEM power folding, then the motor would connect to Pin 2 and Pin 3 in the door plugs

Has anyone bought and fitted the T6 power folding mirror kit upgrade to switch out the standard mirrors? If yes, do you need to remap or is it genuine plug and play? I’ve a 2019 plate DSG.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all, can anyone tell me how easy would it be to convert my standard wing mirrors to electric on my 2019 kombi SWB and can I utilise existing mirror housing . Has anyone on the forum completed a change over.
Regards Ricardo.

Back