Folding Wing-Mirrors on the key?

What van are you trying to do it on ?
MY16 can be coded
MY17 needs hardware added
MY18 does it as standard

By my reckoning it’ll be an MY16 version then. That means you will need VCDS to change the actual coding for the window modules, which enables the mirrors to piggy back off the comfort close feature.

Damn my mirrors have stopped folding via the key fob but will work with the internal rotor switch so that should rule out the motor, I can’t seem to reset using the methods mention so far, any other ideas mines an 18 plate.

Damn my mirrors have stopped folding via the key fob but will work with the internal rotor switch so that should rule out the motor, I can’t seem to reset using the methods mention so far, any other ideas mines an 18 plate.
A quote from VW Service - T6 Maintenance (06.2019 edition):

Close all doors and windows completely.
– Insert key in driver's door lock and lock vehicle from outside.
– Unlock vehicle again.
– Lock vehicle again from outside and hold key in lock position for at least 1 second.
The one-touch opening and closing function is now ready for use.

Thanks for the info but no luck atm, does the internal rotor switch need to be any set position? this only started when I was adjusting the LHS mirror.

By my reckoning it’ll be an MY16 version then. That means you will need VCDS to change the actual coding for the window modules, which enables the mirrors to piggy back off the comfort close feature.

Is there a How To anywhere?

Phew I finally got the mirrors to fold again along with the one touch LHS window button to work correctly.

Along with my folding mirrors I noticed my LHS window one touch was not working so I reset the window with the ignition on and holding back both window buttons in the closed position for 7 seconds then let go and hold back again.

So my van is a 2017 highline. Has comfort close and can fold up via button on switch inside.
What hardware do I need for them to fold up off the fob?
Cheers.

So my van is a 2017 highline. Has comfort close and can fold up via button on switch inside.
Cheers.

press and hold the LOCK button on the remote.?

It doesn’t work..

If I press and hold unlock the windows go down, and up when I hold lock. Once the windows get to the top i get a single flash of indicators and that’s it.

Cheers.

If it's a MY2018 then they should fold on comfort close
If it's a MY2017 then you have to add an extra module to make them fold off the fob

It doesn’t work..

If I press and hold unlock the windows go down, and up when I hold lock. Once the windows get to the top i get a single flash of indicators and that’s it.

They only fold up on comfort lock. They don't fold down until you put the ignition on

It’s an April 17 they don’t fold at all unless I turn the button on the door inside.
Is the module an easy job do you know or not worth the hassle?

It’s an April 17 they don’t fold at all unless I turn the button on the door inside.
Is the module an easy job do you know or not worth the hassle?
This is the module

This is the module

Or consider a bit of DIY and it could work out much cheaper ;) .

Or consider a bit of DIY and it could work out much cheaper ;) .

Hi Robert. I read thro that thread but it lost me a little to be honest.
Im not scared of doing it if I understand what I need to do. I’m assuming part of that thread is regards to starting from scratch.
where as I only need the module related bits to make my Factory electric Mirrors fold from the fob.

sorry if that sounds stupid. Appreciate your help.

Hi Robert. I read thro that thread but it lost me a little to be honest.
Im not scared of doing it if I understand what I need to do. I’m assuming part of that thread is regards to starting from scratch.
where as I only need the module related bits to make my Factory electric Mirrors fold from the fob.

sorry if that sounds stupid. Appreciate your help.
Get one of these 2 modules
plus 2 automotive relays
and then wire it all according to this diagram

Last edited:
Back