Portable shower.

Looks like it’s endless because it circulates the same water.....mmm.
It has got some kind of filter on the pump... and yes it looks like it circulates the water around.. interesting idea.. I can’t wait to find more information about it..

I remember watching a van tour a couple of yrs ago with an American who'd converted a Sprinter and put in a continuously recirculating shower like that. It had various filters, but I still don't think I'd feel clean afterwards.

We have 2 showers for off grid...a pump up hozelock flower shower (used the most). If we want an endless shower we have a 50cm inflatable kids paddling pool, wash your feet outside of the pool, put some water in the pool and we have a submersible pump shower that gives a half decent pressure. Wash hair first with the clean water and then work downwards- I don't mind washing my arse with water that has just washed my body.

Anyone tried the 'Rinse Kit' ? Looks a good idea but doesn't look like the pressure lasts very long....like the Hozelock one where you can re-pressurise.

It has got some kind of filter on the pump... and yes it looks like it circulates the water around.. interesting idea.. I can’t wait to find more information about it..
Thanks! Loopz indeed circulates the water and gets filtered in 3 steps. First we get rid of all sediment, next there is a mechanical filter (40 micron) that blocks big particles like skin cells, sand and so on. Lastly, an inline UV-C purification system to fight viruses and bacteria. So you will be able to enjoy a fresh shower :)

Alternatively ties a pair of old tights over the shower pump suction and bang a capful of Dettol in the water.
I’ve never had difficulty sourcing water when travelling and when it’s suitable there are rivers, streams to wash in.

Wild camper only me also, nice brown water from streams in Scotland end up virtually clear using a Nature Pure filter, pricey but damn good filters. Leaves water good enough to drink. Just got to work out how to fit it to this van after using one in my Merc 508D bus previously. It is still sitting in the "to do" pile!

Reactions: DXX
Back