Shower Screen fitting advice

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just in the process of refitting our bathroom and need to make a stud wall which will have the shower screen fitted to. We’ve taken the bath out and are fitting a 1600mm shower tray with a fixed 10mm glass panel.

The instructions for the screen (Instinct) say to fit 5mm in from the inside edge/lip of the tray.

My problem with this is the outer edge has a small slope, so when the glass is slotted in it will be touching on two points rather than resting on the tray along its length. I guess the tiles will add 10mm and the wall channel is 20mm, however I still don’t think this will have the glass flush on the tray.

Just wondered if this is acceptable or is there something I’m missing? There is no seal/bead for the glass / tray interface - its just siliconed once in place.

EE4C750D-C0CB-4B63-82D2-43A6771370F9.jpeg

8EDB8B2D-451A-4730-9FBD-F34E2B57AE79.jpeg

The lip is normally lost as covered by plasterboard and tiles. You can get completely flat trays though.

Its the same all the way around. Plus the trap is in one corner and all piped up

I’m using delta board rather than plaster board and was going to put this down the side of the tray to the floor and silicone seal tray & board before tiling then silicon seal again.

Its the same all the way around. Plus the trap is in one corner and all piped up

I’m using delta board rather than plaster board and was going to put this down the side of the tray to the floor and silicone seal tray & board before tiling then silicon seal again.
Thats the correct way to do it. I recently did an instal where the tray seemed to curl up towards the edge and not a lot you can do but go with it. The glass panels normally have a self adhesive pad under each end so that the glass is not in direct contact with the tray..and then silicone the glass to the tray covering any irregularities.

No pads unfortunately - I’m going to ring the supplier tomorrow and get their opinion as they sold me both the tray and screen knowing they were going together.

I usually mask up around the glass in a dry fit then remove put a decent bead of clear silicone and then put the glass back in on top of the bead of silicone this acts as a decent glue and seals at the same time I hate to see a silicone bead around the bottom of the glass after it has been fitted hope this makes sense if the ridge is to much you could also use a dremmel to flatten a bit

Back