Waveney Campers - roof issue

T6LadyDriver

T6 Pro
My requirements were a mattress which could go flat / be left in roof space / fit the space when inflated / be comfortable / cheapish but comfort a priority so.......,

I have found this 200x120x17cm inflatable bed - yes inflatable not self inflating so I can deflate to nothing. It’s flocked and it’s really quite comfortable, it fits exactly so ticks ✅ all the boxes for me hence sharing it
Oh and inflates in 1’20”!!View attachment 46138View attachment 46139

Photos hopefully make sense

35 - Hiking - AIR COMFORT MATTRESS | 120 CM
Hi quick question please but not about mattress , I’ve just had a van converted ,at the front of the pop up I can get my hand in and the wind catches it dreadfully, should it do this the rear is tight to the frame , I cannot tighten the front straps their at their tightest
Would appreciate your opinion
Thanks in advance Di

Can you see any reason for the top to not be closing fully? Are the sides pulled inas far as they can be and the front window piece as well?
The lid really needs to be tight against the van shell to stop wind noise and avoid any risk of the pop top being pulled up by wind force whilst driving.
This is one of the reasons I liked the Skyline Aurora's positive clamp fixings, I don't trust camlock straps to stay tight.
Auroraclosing1.jpg Auroraclosing2.jpg

No and the straps are as tight as they can be , and it whistles badly ,if I his a cross wind the van pulls badly , think it’s worth going back to the chap that converted it
The straps are unsightly as well especially at the back
Are the clamp fittings easy to fit do they fit the rear as well and where would I get them
Thank Di

The roof shell needs to have the fittings for the lockdown bars built into it for the camlock system to grab onto, you may be able to retrofit something similar but it would probably end up with bolts going through the shell.
There are over centre locks available that you may be able to get to work, replacing the straps inside like these 4 x RUBBER BONNET HOOKS/CLIPS/FASTENERS/RALLY DOOR CATCH HORSEBOX TRAILER HGV | eBay
or these
Bonnet Catch - Locking - Caterham Parts

Out of interest, who did the roof? or what make is it?

And have you got the straps fitted and threaded the right way? Daft question but you never know.

Out of interest, who did the roof? or what make is it?
Kampervanz ,we bought the van from Waveney campers and that’s who they use
Waveney said you will always get a whistle and wind noise but don’t thing being able to get my hand in from the outside is correct

Last edited:
If it’s a new roof, I’d go back and get them to check everything is as it should be.
Get them to show you how they get it tight, if they can’t then there must be something wrong and they should sort it out

If it’s a new roof, I’d go back and get them to check everything is as it should be.
Get them to show you how they get it tight, if they can’t then there must be something wrong and they should sort it out

Will email them tomorrow but don’t know if they will be working
We’ve had a couple of issues so far switches for the batteries where the wrong way round luckily they told my husband how to put them the correct way
and their about 170 miles away so cant just drop in
Thanks for all your replies , stay safe Di

Appreciate this is a year late - but I know that the Dub Hut who did my conversion insisted on fitting a wind deflector that sits above the windscreen, and before the front edge of the roof. They told me it improves how the van handles, and reduces the change of whistles - which it doesnt do.

How bad is it? The one problem I had with owning a van first is that it all changes - noises, especially for phone use, so put a board in above drivers head and adjusted to the new MPG

How bad is it? The one problem I had with owning a van first is that it all changes - noises, especially for phone use, so put a board in above drivers head and adjusted to the new MPG
How bad did your mpg suffer?

I’m worried about this. Van due to be converted in two weeks.

If you can afford a conversion you can afford the MPG.
Hahaha... not so sure! I'm not sure I'll have enough change for a tank of diesel.

... but then again... maybe that's cause I keep spending every spare penny on extra bits.

Back