Polybush recommendations

Hi I was looking at those myself but went for powerflex as there wasn't much difference in price

I’ve got the Powerflex front and rear, the adjustable rears let you change the camber which cannot usually be done.

With these bushes and full Hunter alignment my rear tyres have done about 8,000 miles and are still showing 6.00mm evenly across the tread. Previously I was getting 5000 miles at best because they were wearing on the inside badly.

Hi I was looking at those myself but went for powerflex as there wasn't much difference in price
Yeah i think there was only like £20/30 in it so might just be easier to go for the powerflex

I had Powerflex bushes on a previous car and I regretted it straight away, it squeeked like hell and unless it's a track only car I wouldn't bother on UK's crummy roads.

I had Powerflex bushes on a previous car and I regretted it straight away, it squeeked like hell and unless it's a track only car I wouldn't bother on UK's crummy roads.

Yeah, you don't want that! On that PSB site, they say they don't squeak as long as the mountings are properly cleaned out and they provide a sachet of the correct lubricant for each one. It still feels like a risk though.

Yeah, you don't want that! On that PSB site, they say they don't squeak as long as the mountings are properly cleaned out and they provide a sachet of the correct lubricant for each one. It still feels like a risk though.

I've personally had poweflex on pretty much all my vehicles and they have never squeaked!

I've personally had poweflex on pretty much all my vehicles and they have never squeaked!

Sounds promising. My bushes need doing so I'll probably bite the bullet on poly bushes.

Just replaced my bottom arm bushes for Powerflex poly bushes, I highly recommend them. I had a few clunk's coming from the front so replaced the aforementioned bushes, changed the top mounts and ball joints for Meyle HD's and the drop links for good measure, also did the discs and pads all round. Best thing I've done since @CRS Performance fitted my suspension. My van now feels solid and drives as good as it ever has

Morning all, who are the go to for polly bushes?
I’m going to try get rid of my AWFUL rough ride at the minute,
Only had new bottom arms fitted last year ( have done 100k since) so gonna upgrade the rear bush on front arm to a polly bush to see if that solves it
So there is PSB/POWERFLEX/POLLYBUSH…
Would love to hear the pros & cons for each

Thanks all

I read somewhere on the Forum that the T32 arms are fitted with much better bushes than the other lighter payload models.

I have fitted powerflex bushes throughout on my van and I am happy with them.
The front arm bushes nice and easy to fit.
The rear arm inner bushes came out no problems.
The rear arm outer bushes were a nightmare and I ended up having to cut them out as they had both seem to have corroded in the arm!
HTH

Morning all, who are the go to for polly bushes?
I’m going to try get rid of my AWFUL rough ride at the minute,
Only had new bottom arms fitted last year ( have done 100k since) so gonna upgrade the rear bush on front arm to a polly bush to see if that solves it
So there is PSB/POWERFLEX/POLLYBUSH…
Would love to hear the pros & cons for each

Thanks all
I can’t compare the brands as I only have experience of Powerflex as they were recommended by my local independent mechanic. Of course they were used to replace failed bushes so the improvements in ride and control were very noticeable straight away.

I’ve had them about two years now and they still feel great. No odd noises either. Based on that I’d be happy to have them again and I assume these things are all fairly similar?

I can’t compare the brands as I only have experience of Powerflex as they were recommended by my local independent mechanic. Of course they were used to replace failed bushes so the improvements in ride and control were very noticeable straight away.

I’ve had them about two years now and they still feel great. No odd noises either. Based on that I’d be happy to have them again and I assume these things are all fairly similar?
And would you think they were any firmer, did it affect the ride quality?
Just I have a taxi and I find the ride is harsh enough as it is

And would you think they were any firmer, did it affect the ride quality?
Just I have a taxi and I find the ride is harsh enough as it is
I don’t feel they made it any worse - I’m not sure that’s even possible! VW seemed to aim low on ride quality with the Transporter.

My original bushes were so far gone when I got the van that it was loose/sloppy uncomfortable ride. Now it’s an uncomfortable ride that at least goes where you point it, which is a marginal gain.

My other reasoning for going poly bushes was seeing as the original rubber versions lasted just 32k and mechanic labour rates match those of a brain surgeon I wanted something that would last longer too. They seem to be doing that so far.

Ours were knackered so we replaced ours with polybushes which have been trouble-free. I don't think they're going to make a huge difference to the ride unless your current ones are properly shot however.

Back