Plug and Play loom for LED headlight retrofit

Adam Morgan

T32 150 Highline
Hi
I have standard lights on my 150 t32 highline and regret not going for the Led headlight upgrade. Is this an easy upgrade to do to get the genuine lights and Led modules? Would it be a case of plugging in the new parts or altering wiring?
Thanks
Adam

Hi @Adam Morgan whilst it can be done I spoke with Vanworx a few months back and they were trying to put a package together to do just that, and it was over £3k . Believe I have seen similar figures on here in a thread somewhere. All I'd suggest is give it time, companies will start making after market units, the T6 is still relatively new, and £3k is way too much.

Hi @Adam Morgan whilst it can be done I spoke with Vanworx a few months back and they were trying to put a package together to do just that, and it was over £3k . Believe I have seen similar figures on here in a thread somewhere. All I'd suggest is give it time, companies will start making after market units, the T6 is still relatively new, and £3k is way too much.

Bummer, ok cheers for the info.
I will give it time before think about upgrading, just really regret not doing it even more now.
Maybe cheaper to order a new van and sell mine!
Thanks

Emailed my dealer at the weekend to raise my concerns with the h4s - his reply was:

On the lights, I have not had any other negative feedback on the standard headlamps but thanks for letting me know your thoughts, it’s always good to have feedback we can pass on to brand. I know that for T5’s there were several companies out there who were ‘retro fitting’ the Xenon headlamps but not heard of this for LED’s on T6 yet. There is a company we have used for a few other bits www.hazzydayz.com or maybe try www.advanced-incar.co.uk based in Poole. There are also the twin reflector H7 lamps which are fitted to Shuttle SE and Caravelle, these are available as an option at the factory, I’ll ask our master tech hereon them.

Just looked back at my original quotation at it was £963+vat for the LED headlight upgrade for the rear wing door van. Absolutely kicking myself now I didn't go ahead with them!!

This drives me slightly mad; new van owners regretting not paying £1500(ish) for an option they shouldn't have to buy.

The standard lights should be good enough.

VWs total denial that the H4s aren't good enough and dealers total ignorance/denial of how bad they are both really do sour the overall T6 ownership experience.

WE aren't in the wrong, THEY are!

The philips extreme 130s are pretty good. Tested last night through the bends of mid wales back to the south coast. But agree it's a farce to spend nearly £40.000 and have to buy some proper bulbs !

I'm still looking into the Led upgrade all the time. Was thinking how much of a job it would be to swap over from another t6 with the Leds? Seen one for sale and I could swap the lights and control gear etc and self levelling then sell it once done. Looked at trading in my van and order new but will lose nearly £10k! Or hazzydayz would be £4.5k with less hassle.

I am having some H7's converted to xenon and a few other bits;) I should hopefully have them in a few weeks, I'll let you all know how it goes. The chap (emtuning) has said they will be brighter than the led at a fraction of the 4.5k to retrofit and less than the factory led. They will/should be quite unique (until someone copies them!). I will keep you updated as I am.

I am having some H7's converted to xenon and a few other bits;) I should hopefully have them in a few weeks, I'll let you all know how it goes. The chap (emtuning) has said they will be brighter than the led at a fraction of the 4.5k to retrofit and less than the factory led. They will/should be quite unique (until someone copies them!). I will keep you updated as I am.
If it works out well we'll ALL want to copy you :D

I have been up close and personal on a van that's been converted to LED and confirmed a few wiring bits so excluding the levelling (which I'm not going to do) they are swappable.
I'm still on the fence with this not sure if I'm going to do LED or HID conversion but no rush as winters a while away

I have been up close and personal on a van that's been converted to LED and confirmed a few wiring bits so excluding the levelling (which I'm not going to do) they are swappable.
I'm still on the fence with this not sure if I'm going to do LED or HID conversion but no rush as winters a while away

sounds good, I could live with not having self levelling or headlight washers.

The only uncertainty now is how to adjust the headlights when in, i assume they will come pointing straight, if they do or not i am thinking about fashioning some form of button setup/joystick that can connect to the remaining four pins on the LED headlight plug that can be connected to adjust the headlight to ensure correct beam alignment, wont know for sure until purchased but still undecided

You have to bear in mind if you get the other van you will have to do it twice:):)

I'm still looking into the Led upgrade all the time. Was thinking how much of a job it would be to swap over from another t6 with the Leds? Seen one for sale and I could swap the lights and control gear etc and self levelling then sell it once done. Looked at trading in my van and order new but will lose nearly £10k! Or hazzydayz would be £4.5k with less hassle.
Have you spoken to HazzyDayz, I had some other stuff done at the same time so not 100% but don't think it would be £4500 just for the lights.

Back