Photography

Not sure about the love emojis.....nothing romantic about getting a 4 pack of beer & a bottle of wine from the supermarket cos the bars all closed :oops:
Early night in made up for it though :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
anyone advise on best photo and video editing software to be used on windows pc, user friendly preferred

The reference point for 'amateur' photo editing packages is Photoshop Elements. It has always had it's detractors but an awful lot more who use and love it. The only problem that you might find as a novice with it is that it's got quite a steep learning curve, particularly if you want maximum quality which you only get by ignoring a lot of the automatic functions (but they are pretty good all the same) - that said, there are masses of tutorials available on the net. Speaking personally, I've been using Photoshop (the full and pro version) as well as Photoshop Elements in either a professional or enthusiast capacity for about 25 years and have never found anything to touch it. When it was bought for me by the job, I had every release of Photoshop (in the days when it was £400 - 500 a pop!) but when it comes out of my own pocket, it’s Photoshop Elements very time. Nowadays, the 'full' retail price is around the £80 - 100 mark which I think is worth it but offers do turn up every now and then as do 'product key' deals on the likes of eBay. Oh and don't get sucked into the idea that you need to buy a new version every time it's released.

Last edited:
PS. Photography rather then video is my area of expertise so I'm not really qualified to comment on video editing packages BUT I have heard good things about Photoshop Premere Elements (the video equivalent of the package I mentioned above). They can sometimes be bought bundled together as a 'two for one' but, otherwise it's another £100 or so unless you can find an offer. Somebody else will hopefully chip in on the video side - I know there are some droners (or whatever they're called) here on T6F.

Many likes from me as I grew up in the Ribble Valley, was up there this week, it rained a lot but between the rain it's a stunning place!
I grew up there too, in Clitheroe, and I agree its a beautiful area.

Back