Photography

Lovely outlook and a nice looking dog. Also, thanks for sticking with a 'walk from home' in these times. We're now in Tier 4 but you wouldn't know it from the hoards of people descending on our village in their cars every day (and they're not coming for work!). I guess it's one of the prices that we pay for living in a local beauty spot but a lot of them seem to be carrying on as if nothing is going on. We came across a group of 7 adults with 6 kids yesterday and they were all spread across a path whilst making no effort to move aside as we got closer to them. In the end, I had to (politely) ask them to give us some space and my wife knew me well enough to grab my arm and pull me away as one of them made a sarcastic comment to our backs. I don't know the origins of the term 'covidiot' but it's not strong enough for some of those people - 'covabsolutefeckingmorons' would be much more appropriate. That's it, first rant of the new year over.

Last edited:
That blocking the path because they're so into whatever they're talking about really pees me off and seems to be on the increase, the wife and I are fairly petite and just into our 60s so virtually invisible to some of the morons here in Mordor.:mad:

That blocking the path because they're so into whatever they're talking about really pees me off and seems to be on the increase, the wife and I are fairly petite and just into our 60s so virtually invisible to some of the morons here in Mordor.:mad:
@Stay Frosty. I just think it's total ignorance on the part of the morons. I'm 6'2" with the bulk to go with it (not fat) and still had to ask them to give us some space.

Lovely outlook and a nice looking dog. Also, thanks for sticking with a 'walk from home' in these times. We're now in Tier 4 but you wouldn't know it from the hoards of people descending on our village in their cars every day (and they're not coming for work!). I guess it's one of the prices that we pay for living in a local beauty spot but a lot of them seem to be carrying on as if nothing is going on. We came across a group of 7 adults with 6 kids yesterday and they were all spread across a path whilst making no effort to move aside as we got closer to them. In the end, I had to (politely) ask them to give us some space and my wife knew me well enough to grab my arm and pull me away as one of them made a sarcastic comment to our backs. I don't know the origins of the term 'covidiot' but it's not strong enough for some of those people - 'covabsolutefeckingmorons' would be much more appropriate. That's it, first rant of the new year over.

I with you and have a wife that herds me too.

We live at the bottom of the peak district and have felt this way for months, even when allowed we only camped about 5 miles from home and had people on the site that had travelled from Tier 3&4 areas (the travel between area guidance didn't change) there. 2nd biggest number of mountain rescue all outs per year on record and one of the highest moor fires on records leading to all open fires and BBQs being banned outside homes / campsites.

I had this dropping our son at school as I do 2 days a week when open. The headteacher was great patrolling and gripping the parents, but they still crowded in the que and not distanced... So I took the dog on a 2 metre lead, the only people that came close got licked.

Back