TSi MPG

Under the fuel filler cap where the ad blue should be I have a key which I wind up to make my van go, very cheap to run but have to stop every 150 yards :)

Have wanted a T6 for the last 2 years, and having heard early rumours of a petrol model have waited. Never had a diesel vehicle of my own, and don't plan to. Don't think I could change from a S3 to a diesel van, so eagerly waiting order books to open for the petrol van!

Have wanted a T6 for the last 2 years, and having heard early rumours of a petrol model have waited. Never had a diesel vehicle of my own, and don't plan to. Don't think I could change from a S3 to a diesel van, so eagerly waiting order books to open for the petrol van!

Same as that, except my wife has the RS3. Looking forward to the petrol T6 so much.

Anybody heard any news on this? Thought it was going to be open for ordering 2nd June.

Got 11 months left on my S3 pcp, so as long as they arrive by next spring....

Likewise, but I spoke with a friend of mine in Germany who works for VW about purchasing a VW, you can buy Petrol in Germany.
Look up www.volkswagen.de where you can see the petrol models.

So not far away from us now I guess........
Hooray

TSI is now on the UK Configurator although some prices seem a bit off. Comparing a highline t28 SWB, the petrol is £1200 less. Hope that is correct!

TSI is now on the UK Configurator although some prices seem a bit off. Comparing a highline t28 SWB, the petrol is £1200 less. Hope that is correct!
Guessing that there will be quite a weight saving as well meaning higher payload?

I've just spoken to VW and it's all being uploaded now. As you say they are looking considerably cheaper then the diesel - what isn't to like ?

Just awaiting the 4Motion....

V6 3.2 Audi would make a nice usable van, take a few BHP off and increase the torque.

Baz

Before you petrol bods cry foul, I drove a petrol Shuttle last month in Germany. I picked it up at the airport, and first impressions were good. Quiet, I mean really quiet! And the ride was lovely, I'd love to know the differences in setup from my Kombi. But then we got out onto the Autobahn, and ......well, all fine until we started to climb. The DSG changed down, then again, then again......then into 4th. The engine was doing about 4000rpm and screaming its head off, and worse we were going backwards. There was 5 of us plus bags and equipment, but way less than I normally carry (as we flew) and we were not keeping up with the traffic. I'm not talking the derestricted zones, just 120kph but we were not. I knocked the gears into manual to stop it from changing down anymore, but the quiet refined engine was gone, and replaced by a harsh rasp of a under powered petrol. I was not impressed one bit and fear for the future if this is what we will be getting. I understand the arguments for the move away from diesel, but sticking a bog standard 2.0 petrol from a Passat just doesn't cut it.

Petrol engines are so bad on fuel, i struggled to get over 40mpg in a 1.3 that weighed as much as a slipper the other day.

For reference I'm getting 35mpg on the display with my 150TSI. So far I have not seen any hill that it could not keep 120 on 6th but I will continue to check. It does give 140hp@3500rpm according to the diagram so it shouldn't be that bad. However I must admit that I usually drive a bit lower at about 110. Most roads here has 100 as a limit and I'm usually not that stressed.

Unfortunately I haven't got it tuned yet, they struggle with the decoding and are currently focusing on the new 90-series volvos.

I will get back when it's done or if there is anything else I can answer.

Back