TSi ignition coil damage

Steeeeve

Teacher
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Started the van, T6 tsi 2018, and I have EPC light, flashing engine light and stop start message. Also an ominous sounding rattle from engine ☹️
Any ideas while I wait for a call back from the mechanic?

Started the van, T6 tsi 2018, and I have EPC light, flashing engine light and stop start message. Also an ominous sounding rattle from engine ☹️
Any ideas while I wait for a call back from the mechanic?
Ok, further investigation has discovered top of one ignition coil completely detached ☹️

oops. . . damaged or just loose?

any pics?

They are poor quality from factory. I've upgraded mine to APR from awesome gti for not much more than oem.

I've heard good reports of this mod from other EA888 platform cars, improves running and power apparently?
Made mine run more smooth especially in the mid range. Don't know if it's more apparent because of the map and mods but it was noticeable. My engine is not in a t6 but is the same ea888 gen3 engine. I would highly recommend an racingline map at the same time :thumbsup:

Made mine run more smooth especially in the mid range. Don't know if it's more apparent because of the map and mods but it was noticeable. My engine is not in a t6 but is the same ea888 gen3 engine. I would highly recommend an racingline map at the same time :thumbsup:
I swapped my OEM coils for R8 ones, also from Awesome GTI.
R8 coils
Great information thanks. According to the Awesome GTI website the APR packs give a 10% improvement are are barely anymore than the ESC R8 packs so I will give those a go thanks!

Mat

Great information thanks. According to the Awesome GTI website the APR packs give a 10% improvement are are barely anymore than the ESC R8 packs so I will give those a go thanks!

Mat
My APR coilpacks arrived today so I will fit them later and do a back to back test.

Mat

Back