TSi MPG

Sorry Zam, I did read those posts but it was a while ago now and I'd completely forgotten about them! Was the remap worth doing? Has your fuel economy changed much? I had a look at the BSR website and notice they send you a device so you can do it yourself which seems a little unusual. Is this how you remapped yours? I would have thought a professional tune would be better?
No worries! I had to go to one of their tuning centers and have them decode/decrypt the van first. They said almost all newer cars needs this.

For me it was worth it, fuel economy hasn't changed, but I like the characteristics better now and overtaking is so much faster/safer. I bought during one of their 20% campaigns so it was like 6300SEK (about 580£ or so) with the handheld device.

Thanks for the info @zam. I got in touch with BSR UK but I would need to send the ECU to Sweden. I'm a little uncomfortable with that to be honest. The risk is probably low but you never know... :cautious:

Drop Bognor Motors a line, he is on this forum , he has a lot of VW vans all types and is a recognised REVO agent

Thanks @Caulkhead , I've spoken to @BognorMotors in the Revo thread but he's yet to have experience of remapping a 150. Maybe it should be down to me to take the plunge but he's a long way from where I live!

We have a petrol 150 on site that we are going to run a tune on and log it for a week with revo. Just haven’t got round to doing it yet, as we are so busy!

Thanks for the info @zam. I got in touch with BSR UK but I would need to send the ECU to Sweden. I'm a little uncomfortable with that to be honest. The risk is probably low but you never know... :cautious:

Understandable, if I didn't have a tuning center here and had to send the ECU I would not go down that road.

I've just read this thread from start to finish, fascinating standpoints from owners of diesel and petrol. My overall impression is that the diesel owners are a little passive-aggressive maybe even defensive, wear blue plastic gloves and smell faintly of oil whilst petrol owners are relaxed, self-confident, gregarious, wear nice polo shirts and smell faintly of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Anyone want to hear about the new TSi I collect in June..............:whistle:

I've just read this thread from start to finish, fascinating standpoints from owners of diesel and petrol. My overall impression is that the diesel owners are a little passive-aggressive maybe even defensive, wear blue plastic gloves and smell faintly of oil whilst petrol owners are relaxed, self-confident, gregarious, wear nice polo shirts and smell faintly of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Anyone want to hear about the new TSi I collect in June..............:whistle:
I love my tsi 204 it's AWESOME. Down with diesel lol

28DB1B93-D655-4661-A238-98473B376794.jpeg

Can all of the petrol owners say how their vans are being used, i.e., a builders van, full conversion, town/motorway driving, posing etc. I would give some of us who be looking to change in the next few years, a real sense of how the petrols perform in the real world of a van being a van.

What’s the issue with having a diesel then - really?
I'm just a car person not a worker or anything. Being a car person obviously petrol is my thing, the lovely engine noise from a petrol, nice exhaust noises especially if you get a performance exhaust, sound way better with petrol than a clunky diesel. Engine upgrades are sweeter and again sound amazing. Airfillter on a petrol makes it sound like a racing car. I think overall power to weight is better,maybe I here people talk about the pulling power in low reves are better in diesel but that's a push I think. Petrol Power amazing, super quiet if you want it to be, clean. Etc etc for me petrol wins everytime. Be stupid to get a diesel these days

I'm just a car person not a worker or anything. Being a car person obviously petrol is my thing, the lovely engine noise from a petrol, nice exhaust noises especially if you get a performance exhaust, sound way better with petrol than a clunky diesel. Engine upgrades are sweeter and again sound amazing. Airfillter on a petrol makes it sound like a racing car. I think overall power to weight is better,maybe I here people talk about the pulling power in low reves are better in diesel but that's a push I think. Petrol Power amazing, super quiet if you want it to be, clean. Etc etc for me petrol wins everytime. Be stupid to get a diesel these days

Agree with your comments, now all my vehicles are Petrol

I've had my first 24hrs with our new T6 SWB TSi and I am thoroughly impressed.

I had no intention of buying until Nov/Dec and had accepted that on my budget I'd be 'settling' for a low mileage 102 or slightly higher mileage 140/150 diesel. I say settle because the van replaces a rapid petrol turbo estate I've had from new for the last 11yrs and absolutely loved, I really wanted to avoid diesel for all of the obvious reasons and I frankly don't really mind lower mpg for the better driving experience you get from a great turbo'd petrol engine. The van I bought was 3-4k over my budget and it was my wife who said if it's what you want then get it !! :D

It returned 33 mpg during delivery motorway miles and since then on local roads, town driving, some stop start and a couple of blasts along 'the mad mile' just so I knew when the boost and torque were coming in, it's done 29mpg.

First is very short, things are decidedly fun from second to fourth, keeping it above 2100 and under 4500 it fair flies along with smooth, precise and dare I say it snappy manual changes (I am an auto fan but not a DSG fan), it's worth saying that it is also very quiet inside despite it only containing a pair of factory swivel captains chairs, not even any ply in there. That peaky performance may change a little when it gradually becomes a day/camper, glass and tailgate tinting are done in a few weeks as is a removable tow bar and reverse camera.........if it gets too heavy then there is always Pendle outside of warranty, roof, bed and pod will be done by xmas fingers crossed.

What somewhat made my evening yesterday was a neighbour coming round, a lovely retired gearhead with pots of money who buys a new Corvette and a new 7 Series every year but told me he really wanted a T6 from Leighton Vans with the 300hp tune after he saw them at a supercar meet racing around the circuit and keeping up.......

Here's to many more happy years with a petrol turbo.

Most of us on here are stupid then,thanks for letting me know:thumbsup:
+1 stupid here too, I have petrol and diesel cars, both have their merits, I don’t feel the need to knock either, or preach their virtues, some do apparently hey ho......

I've had my first 24hrs with our new T6 SWB TSi and I am thoroughly impressed.

I had no intention of buying until Nov/Dec and had accepted that on my budget I'd be 'settling' for a low mileage 102 or slightly higher mileage 140/150 diesel. I say settle because the van replaces a rapid petrol turbo estate I've had from new for the last 11yrs and absolutely loved, I really wanted to avoid diesel for all of the obvious reasons and I frankly don't really mind lower mpg for the better driving experience you get from a great turbo'd petrol engine. The van I bought was 3-4k over my budget and it was my wife who said if it's what you want then get it !! :D

It returned 33 mpg during delivery motorway miles and since then on local roads, town driving, some stop start and a couple of blasts along 'the mad mile' just so I knew when the boost and torque were coming in, it's done 29mpg.

First is very short, things are decidedly fun from second to fourth, keeping it above 2100 and under 4500 it fair flies along with smooth, precise and dare I say it snappy manual changes (I am an auto fan but not a DSG fan), it's worth saying that it is also very quiet inside despite it only containing a pair of factory swivel captains chairs, not even any ply in there. That peaky performance may change a little when it gradually becomes a day/camper, glass and tailgate tinting are done in a few weeks as is a removable tow bar and reverse camera.........if it gets too heavy then there is always Pendle outside of warranty, roof, bed and pod will be done by xmas fingers crossed.

What somewhat made my evening yesterday was a neighbour coming round, a lovely retired gearhead with pots of money who buys a new Corvette and a new 7 Series every year but told me he really wanted a T6 from Leighton Vans with the 300hp tune after he saw them at a supercar meet racing around the circuit and keeping up.......

Here's to many more happy years with a petrol turbo.
T6 keeping up with a super car, on a circuit, like round real corners, with 2+ tons hmmmm

Back