Petrol Engine T6 Discontinued

So I now own a “classic” tsi!
Is far as I’m aware the tsi was only built in 2017 and all the ones for sale after that year were 2017 models registered later.
The tsi was a flop because of such poor mpg, forget your dash readout these do low 20’s mpg and are unrealistic to run everyday unless running on lpg.

According to the build list, my 68 TSI has a Date of Production of 28 March 2018. It was in stock as a cancelled order, otherwise the dealer would have been ordering one to be built for me with an expected delivery of about October. So I would think that there are quite a few that were built in 2018 as well as 2017.

The current PHEV's are a joke, and in this country (and others I assume) they are being used soley as a tax cheat. I remember about 10 years ago seeing a story ( then the actual car! ) about a VW Golf 3 cylinder diesel mated to a electric motor, a very early hybrid. But it died a death because the US market were very against diesels at that time, and the funding was pulled. My dad had the little 3 cyl tdi in a Polo at that time, and it was an awesome little thing that was fantastically economical, actually thinking about it that was back in 2003-4 I think. The know how has been around a long time, decades perhaps, but the willingness , for whatever reason, not.

I own a Volvo XC90 T8 hybrid. A total of over 400 bhp yet extremely fuel efficient. In our ‘language’ the consumption is less than 6 liters of petrol per 100 km on average (measured over a period of 25000 km). I don’t know how that is in mpg, but despite the fact it is a 7-seater it’s more efficient than a small car. So it is no joke, but a fantastic concept.

Is far as I’m aware the tsi was only built in 2017 and all the ones for sale after that year were 2017 models registered later.
The tsi was a flop because of such poor mpg, forget your dash readout these do low 20’s mpg and are unrealistic to run everyday unless running on lpg.
Mine was built in 2018, I factory ordered in January and it was registered May

I own a Volvo XC90 T8 hybrid. A total of over 400 bhp yet extremely fuel efficient. In our ‘language’ the consumption is less than 6 liters of petrol per 100 km on average (measured over a period of 25000 km). I don’t know how that is in mpg, but despite the fact it is a 7-seater it’s more efficient than a small car. So it is no joke, but a fantastic concept.
47 mpg

My TSi is run almost everyday, just clocked 20000 over 20 months, Pendle'd day/camper conversion, 150 rib, pod, roof, lpg cooking and heating, fridge freezer and always packed with every bit of gear ready to go with just some clothes and grub thrown in, also a daily driver for mainly local duties.

Over that time it has averaged 29.3 mpg which I think is pretty impressive, my old Saab petrol turbo estate with an official Hirsch map which I ran for almost 100k miles only did 27 mpg over its life.

Back