Total Engine Meltdown 2016 150PS Bi-TDI

Does

Hello,

I had a fatal engine failure with my 2016 T6 Business Van, milage 110.000 km. The engine is a Bi-turbo 2000cc 150HP diesel. Automatic 7G transmission.

Does anyone knows or heard of a simular case. My engine stopped working, suddenly lost all power, in the middle of the highway. I could just make it to the rescue lane before the engine went completely death.
No way to get it restarted. Needed a towing service to get it to a workplace.

After in depth examination:

Catalysator: was stucked by particles, could be rescued and could be be cleaned: 480euro
Diesel particulate filter: completely saturated, could not be fixed by cleaning, new filter 1600 euro

After this repair, when starting the engine, oil started to spill all over. The engine block had a severe crack and was actually broken.

Fix: new engine needed estimate cost: 12.500 euro!

Apparently, this is a know issue for this engine. Anyone that has experienced something simmular?

I previously owned a 130HP Multivan wich I sold with 330.00km on the counter without ever having any issues. I had to sell that car after the introduction of environmental limitations in my hometown.

Hi welcome to T6F.

Got some pics of your bus.

Sounds like you have had a big set of problems.

So it Started with blocked DPF.... Did you have an indication of that? Engine lights that's? did you run around with a low fuel tank?

Do you know what or where the engine crack is?

Retro Resus have a few similar engines with similar issues on their FB and Instagram pages

Hello,

I had a fatal engine failure with my 2016 T6 Business Van, milage 110.000 km. The engine is a Bi-turbo 2000cc 150HP diesel. Automatic 7G transmission.

Does anyone knows or heard of a simular case. My engine stopped working, suddenly lost all power, in the middle of the highway. I could just make it to the rescue lane before the engine went completely death.

Catalysator: was stucked by particles, could be rescued and could be be cleaned: 480euro
Diesel particulate filter: completely saturated, could not be fixed by cleaning, new filter 1600 euro

After this repair, when starting the engine, oil started to spill all over. The engine block had a severe crack and was actually broken.

Apparently, this is a know issue for this engine. Anyone that has experienced something simmular?

I previously owned a 130HP Multivan wich I sold with 330.00km on the counter without ever having any issues. I had to sell that car after the introduction of environmental limitations in my hometown.
This is a well documented & much discussed topic on the forum. A quick search will prove fruitful

Hello,

Back