Part number for heating controls wiring

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Hi Folks
I would like to move this
IMG_1758.JPEG
from its standard place, to here
IMG_1760.JPEG
As there is a tonne of wires, it strikes me that the easiest way to move it is to buy the wiring loom that plugs into the controls, run it to the new position and put matching plugs onto the other end so that it can connect to the old cable existing cable (hopefully that makes sense). Does anyone know the part number for this section of the wiring loom?
PS what the heck is this sensor for :D
IMG_1757.JPEG
Many thanks in advance :)
In case anyone is wondering why :D , Im planning to put a single din radio where the controls currently are and dash fit a tablet where the radio officially goes.

Last edited:
If only it was that simple !
There are only 3 or 4 main wiring looms in the van for eg engine bay/dashboard/mid van/rear van
There is no look for the heater controls

I have a loom in the workshop for the those heater controls, i can check for any IDs on it when I'm there next.

Whilst if you can find the plug, you can extend the wires but you will stumble on finding the socket to plug your existing loom in to (obv the only socket is normally in the back of the heater controls). Your only option might be to cut the plug off and extend the cables however you will obviously need to be mindful of the cable you will use, from memory there is some twisted pair can bus in there in addition to all the sensor cabling.

oh, that 'thing' your are trying to identify in the vent pipe is a temperature sensor which works with the climate control.

Thanks for the replies , I thought it seemed to easy and straightforward

Car electrics are not my area (other than audio) so whilst moving it to the cab ceiling would have been ideal, I’m going to chicken out and move it to one of these positions

D941177A-5DFC-4E37-8851-A44C54634738.jpegE833CA79-6340-4114-AF89-65112A4DB9F4.jpeg

Change of plan
Figured out how I can do it there are plenty of 2nd heating controls units on eBay, so new plan is buy one of those and dismantle for sockets and I should hopefully be all sorted again.

Well she is done it won’t win any final appearance awards, but it does the job. Had to switch to plan B in the end, as whilst you can buy the wiring, the wiring comes in single lengths and not very long lengths at that. The parts desk at vw suggest cutting the cables and joining in my own section of cable, but given how many cables there are, plan B works just fine.

2A33CA80-9D09-47A1-B361-EAE079328751.jpeg

Reactions: mmi
Back