passenger front wheel wiring loom part number.

Boric99

VIP Member
Wonder if anyone can help me with a part number for the wiring loom that goes to the front passenger wheel on a 2017 VW caravelle, it is the loom that takes the ABS, pressure sensor, ect wiring to the wheel that goes through the side of the wheel arch in to the engine bay. somehow mine seems to have got rubber through to the inner cables against the front wheel. Out of curiosity has anyone else had this issue at all?

Seen some on ebay but wanted to check the part number.

Thanks for any help

Pete

I repaired a T6 with the same issue this week, it had previously been repaired (albeit poorly..) so corrosion had ruined a good amount of the loom.

Required wiring de-pinning, and replacing back to the ABS control unit and a brown connector in the E-box below the battery.

I repaired a T6 with the same issue this week, it had previously been repaired (albeit poorly..) so corrosion had ruined a good amount of the loom.

Required wiring de-pinning, and replacing back to the ABS control unit and a brown connector in the E-box below the battery.
Gosh sounds like it is a bit of a job to replace?

The part number for the wiring loom is 7E0927903F and is listed at £39.24 + vat, its not clear how long the wire is/where it stops

1675635757035.png

For anyone reading this, that part number is specific to the supplied VIN number, there were at least 4 or 5 variations of that part number that will vary by model/spec

Last edited:
The part number for the wiring loom is 7E0927903F and is listed at £39.24 + vat, its not clear how long the wire is/where it stops

View attachment 187218

For anyone reading this that part number is specific to the supplied VIN number, there were at least 4 or 5 variations of that part number that will vary by model/spec
The part I fitted had male / female pins at the other end, so good chance that part no will be the same.

Hi @Boric99 how did you get on with this repair? My 2016 startline has done the same thing on the same side, just trying to track down the correct wiring loom - mine is proper basic, ABS only i think with one cable going to abs sensor and the other to the brake caliper zone.

Is it just a case of removing the battery to access the abs unit?

Thanks

So I finally got around to ordering the wiring cable and just waiting for it to be delivered. But it is coming from the EU so chances are it will take some time before it arrives.

Hi @Boric99 how did you get on with this repair? My 2016 startline has done the same thing on the same side, just trying to track down the correct wiring loom - mine is proper basic, ABS only i think with one cable going to abs sensor and the other to the brake caliper zone.

Is it just a case of removing the battery to access the abs unit?

Thanks
Send us a message in pm, and I’ll price you a genuine loom up.

The cable wires directly in. No easy push connector. So removed battery and accessed the wiring connector box beneath. Absolutely no clue what is what. Cannot trace cable directly in from wheel hub. Over to a garage, hopefully not main dealer job!

The brake pad sensor connections are quite deep in the ebox under the battery.

Whereas the wiring for the abs sensor, go straight to the ABS control module (behind the fuel filter area)

So on the hottest day of the year I finally got time to try and replace the cable. Currently wheel off with wheel lining removed. Also just take out the battery. What next, any pointers / pics greatly received.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So I went into the e box below the battery. It blew my mind so closed it all up. Van was due MOT and service the following week so got the local garage to do it. They found it cheaper and easier to just keep stripping the cable back until they got to uncorroded wire and then just spliced the new cable into the old. I don't know how far up teet had to go. I went about 3 inches before it enters into the big combined chunk of cables and it was still knackered to that point.

Few more pictures. Ended up stopping as I was running out of time. But also if anyone can tell me extant where the wire in the e box the wires go that would be very helpful. Also I did order some connectors to splice in the new cable to the old but similar to @t6vet some of the wires seem to be corded under the sheathing (black copper wire). Gosh this is a bit of a pig of a job. Any pointer on how to run the new cables in the harness also appreciated.

IMG_1081.jpeg

IMG_1080.jpeg

So this really is a bit of a pig of a job, but thought i would post what i ended up doing and how. Trying to trace the cable all the way back was a nightmare and so I gave up / did not want to cause other issue. So opted for chopping the cable back as far as i could behind the wheel liner so that i have enough cable to put a connector on. The Copper in the cable was not great quite black with tarnish so i used vinegar and salt to clean the copper and then neutralised with a solution of water and baking powder. Fitted some auto connectors that i got from Amazon and put everything back. below are some pictures.

Picture 1 shows the cut cable ready to have the connector added.
Picture 2 Shows the new connector fitter and plugged in to the new cable (also had to added the mail connector to the new cable after reducing the length)
Picture 3 Shows how tight this cable is once fitted against the suspension leg. I am a bit worried how tight this is and the tension on the cable but it seem to be how it is fitted.
Picture 4 SHow the back sensor for the ABS
Picture 5 shows the break-pad wear sensor connection and specifically where this clips in to the bracket for reference as my old cable had been connected with a cable tie for some reason.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Back