P24ae code on 6.1 shuttle

pete-theobald

VIP Member
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2021 shuttle which is showing an engine light. Code is p24ae which is the particulate matter sensor circuit according to my cheap reader. Is this something well known. Trying to save myself a day of hassle with the dealer in this but there is a warranty.
Regards
Pete

I've got a T6 and have had the same fault for over a year now and just put it in the garage to get fixed as I don't want to tempt longer term damage.
I cleared it the first time to test the water and it seemed to stay off for a couple of hundred miles but every time I clear it now it will trigger again within about 50 miles.
On the surface it doesn't appear to have any negative effects but I'm sure there will be a downside somewhere - spoke to the garage today and they suggested it might be related to an auxiliary coolant pump which may in turn inhibit the regen cycle to burn off the soot which will obviously lead to DPF problems!
I don't understand how the coolant system is related to the exhaust system but they could have mentioned something about an EGR fault also!

@pete-theobald
Did you get an answer on what the problem was??

Nope but it's not come up recently. Going for a long drive tonight so it might surface again, it takes a while, not on short local drives. If not I'm guessing a bad connection under a seat as I disconnected and refitted them (to figure out a leisure battery)

Well good luck to you :) I'll post an update when I've made progress on my one. I'm due for a long drive in about a week so we'll see if the garage resolves it!

Well good luck to you :) I'll post an update when I've made progress on my one. I'm due for a long drive in about a week so we'll see if the garage resolves it!
I still haven't done anything about it... I noticed that it's coming on at about the intervals you would expect a regen to happen, ie after a couple hundred miles. Soot/ash level shows as about 10g, so it looks like it's doing regens and I get plenty of motorway miles. Did your service resolve it?

Just get it in to the dealer, tell them your fault code.

Being a 21 plate, your on your way to running out of warranty.. Last thing you need is for it to fail and end up costing loads of money out of warranty.
May seem as though is regenerating properly, but doesn't mean it will carry on that way.

I asked lookers van centre what needs to be done and they've suggested they can just reset the light.
The vehicles are set to bring the light up yearly, but vans have a two-year service interval so the light would just need resetting
That sounds wrong/dismissive, but how do you get the dealer to actually investigate? 1hr drive each way is not something I want to waste...
P

Took it in, they found the fault, even though I'd cleared it with the obd11. It was the exact fault the service manager suggested it might be before looking and the exact same fix.
The fix is to replace the sensor AND to drill a hole in the tube it connects to so that it drains water.
Basically trapped moisture damaged the sensor. Going in for the replacement next week, so total of 8 hours travelling and waiting as they aren't that local... Oh well

Hi Pete, glad you got it all sorted. For the benefit of others I had a few faults with a coolant pump & particulate matter sensor, garage changed them out and did a bit of remapping wizardry and everything seems fine for the time being!

Back