Oxford T5 / VW Van Conversions Ltd

ZipcodeUK

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just had the pleasure of spending the morning with Colin who owns VW Van Conversions in Witney, Oxfordshire. (Formally known as OxfordT5)

I was lookin for a company to supply / fit a 3rd row of seats in my Kombi.

After a lot of questions from me, I booked the car in. I supplied the seat on this occasion as I'd already sourced the one I wanted.
Colin carried out the fitment and I can honestly say his workmanship is of a very high standard and I feel very assured my family / friends who will be using the 3rd row seats will be just as safe as when the seats are fitted from Factory.

I'll post a few pics shortly

Colin: Tel. 07799 626310

VW Van Conversions Ltd
Unit 9b
Two Rivers Industrial Estate
Station Lane
Witney
Oxfordshire
OX28 4BH

I don't know what the protocol is here but rather than start anew thread I would just like to say that having had work done by Colin today I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

Last edited:
Thankyou guys, I really appreciate your comments, we don't advertise and rely purely on word of mouth and recommendations from others.
Very best wishes, Colin

Colin did a great job supplying and fitting the Caravelle rails to our new T6 Kombi. He has a great reputation and rightly so, he knows his stuff and ensured that safety was the number one priority.

Been meaning to do this for a while but that work stuff keeps getting in the way.

I contacted Colin at VW Van Conversions in Oxford and talked through what I wanted: Caravelle rails, floor, seats, front seat swivels, and fittings. He filled in a few gaps in my knowledge, gave me a heads up on a few others and we agreed on a date. He explained the ins and outs ahead of the work and also told me he'd provide a certificate for the work.

Great start but the overall experience was excellent. You know when you come away from a shop or a service and actually feel like you've had a great experience, met a nice person and had a quality job done too? I got all of that, in spades. I'd driven down from the north east the day before but it was definitely worth the effort.

Colin and his colleague did all the work in one day, talked through all the work, threw in a few bits and bobs and generally made it a really quality job. I'm really, really pleased at what I've had done and I'd wholeheartedly recommend Colin for any work you want on your VW. A genuinely nice fella with the right approach to work and absolutely an enthusiast.

Brilliant.

Thanks Colin!

Been meaning to do this for a while but that work stuff keeps getting in the way.

I contacted Colin at VW Van Conversions in Oxford and talked through what I wanted: Caravelle rails, floor, seats, front seat swivels, and fittings. He filled in a few gaps in my knowledge, gave me a heads up on a few others and we agreed on a date. He explained the ins and outs ahead of the work and also told me he'd provide a certificate for the work.

Great start but the overall experience was excellent. You know when you come away from a shop or a service and actually feel like you've had a great experience, met a nice person and had a quality job done too? I got all of that, in spades. I'd driven down from the north east the day before but it was definitely worth the effort.

Colin and his colleague did all the work in one day, talked through all the work, threw in a few bits and bobs and generally made it a really quality job. I'm really, really pleased at what I've had done and I'd wholeheartedly recommend Colin for any work you want on your VW. A genuinely nice fella with the right approach to work and absolutely an enthusiast.

Brilliant.

Thanks Colin!

I'll second that - Colin has fitted swivels for us on two vans, excellent job on both occasions.
We were happy to do a 500 mile round trip in the day, to have the second set fitted - very well satisfied.

I'll second that - Colin has fitted swivels for us on two vans, excellent job on both occasions.
We were happy to do a 500 mile round trip in the day, to have the second set fitted - very well satisfied.

Isn’t swivels seats a “DIY” job?

Isn’t swivels seats a “DIY” job?
No, I don't think so. There is work to do on the handbrake housing and cable, which he has down to a fine art.
I did a Project Report on the first job Colin did for us, for MMM in 2015.
The second occasion, he also removed the rear bulkhead and back seats for us from our Kombi, and gave us a good price for them.
First class workman, wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Collin is Brilliant. He fitted a 3rd row bench in my Kombi and the job was carried out faultlessly.
I want to get in touch with him to do swivel seats soon.

Had a Kombi seat conversion done by Colin at Oxford t5, anyone thinking of getting this done please pay them a visit.
Top class service, fitted me in very last minute before the bank holiday. Had a nice chill out in the park over the road with my lad, 3.5 hours it was done.

Highly recommend. thank you Colin
IMG_8988.JPG

Back