Ovano, JC Vans, Slidepods, Plyguys, Steelpods, Fortywinks, Vanessa - Kombi dilemma!

I’m having a new system fitted in my conversion at this moment it’s a fold up bed being done at cjl leisure will post up some photos when completed it’s mainly suitable for Lwb and ticks a lot of boxes for my use
The photo below is not my van

6707DC9C-1068-4A5A-9A57-8B65A93C0A41.png

Last edited:
I made my own version that suited carrying surfboards out of the hexa ply around 2years ago. It was great as a day van, and did a few 2 week trips in it. For sale on the forum currently.

With my new van I'm going for a ply guys set up due to needing additional storage.

IMG-20190415-WA0009.jpg

2021-06-26 19.14.09.jpg

2019-04-14 19.53.23.jpg

2019-04-14 19.53.09.jpg

2019-04-14 19.52.46.jpg

I made my own version that suited carrying surfboards out of the hexa ply around 2years ago. It was great as a day van, and did a few 2 week trips in it. For sale on the forum currently.

With my new van I'm going for a ply guys set up due to needing additional storage.

View attachment 157181

View attachment 157182

View attachment 157183

View attachment 157184

View attachment 157185
@Timpo where did you source the hexa ply from please? Online, or somewhere in Bristol area?

View attachment 157181

View attachment 157182

View attachment 157183

View attachment 157184

View attachment 157185
@Timpo Did you get your Ply Guys kit? We’re looking at going with their stuff too in our SWB T6 Kombi.

Stitches and steel have gone live with their version. £1k made from 100% recycled plastic.

They need to add some kind of blacking agent to the material as it looks cheap compared to Hexa Ply, which I guess it is.

1659697993629.png

I purchased the S&S sliding door panel and it's definitely not a level of finish or material I would have paid £125 for if I had seen it in advance of ordering.

Would definitely want to see that in person before I parted with a grand for it.

Looking for a little help and info if possible please? I’ve got a lwb T5.1 I’m looking for a bed system that allows the rear seats to be kept in place but with the middle row not being required to support the bed as I’ve taken the middle row seating out. Most if not all require the middle row to support/incorporate the bed so any info would be much appreciated
Kind regards,
Drew

Ovano has leg supports so no seats required check out there website!
There’s also loads of other options

Ovano has leg supports so no seats required check out there website!
There’s also loads of other options

Hello, thanks for that much appreciated. Sorry I should have put a bit more meat on the bone! I’ve seen all the usual products but I also need to maintain as much boot space as possible as we’ve got a travel companion in the boot (Dub Dog) so ideally a frame rather than a full unit if that makes sense?

Kind regards,

Drew

Top man thanks for the link @F2JON really appreciated but looking on there site the rear seats are taken out and it’s the middle seats that are folded down? I’m looking for a system that allows you to obtain the rear seats but do away with the middle row

Kind regards,

Drew

Hello, thanks for that much appreciated. Sorry I should have put a bit more meat on the bone! I’ve seen all the usual products but I also need to maintain as much boot space as possible as we’ve got a travel companion in the boot (Dub Dog) so ideally a frame rather than a full unit if that makes sense?

Kind regards,

Drew
sorry my fault I didn’t read original post correctly
So it’s a shuttle 2 rows of seats? Not sure there would be much out there off the shelf so to speak! What about replacing back seats with a RIB bed

Back