Ordered, But Can I Change Spec Before Build..?

Steve H

Excited Member
T6 Pro
Order is in, a few weeks ago, build date given as Week 02/2019.

Is there a problem, or cost penalty, to changing slight spec of the van..? More specifically, I'm thinking leatherette instead of fabric for seating.

I know, I'm fickle..and probably a sales persons nightmare..but I don't intend buying another one..!

Once my order was confirmed and my build date specified, I was unable to alter anything. I only wanted to spec a solid tailgate.

All I can say is thank god there is a cut off point for making modifications or I'd change it once a week. I'd be onto my fourth colour by now.

I think I changed my spec 10 times. It was a record apparently. Quite proud. Don't give up, there is no harm in asking. You are paying a lot for a van, ask to get what you want.

Is there a problem, or cost penalty, to changing slight spec of the van..? More specifically, I'm thinking leatherette instead of fabric for seating.

I know, I'm fickle..and probably a sales persons nightmare..but I don't intend buying another one..!
I ordered mine then read about the headlights being sh!t, I called the dealer to add them and he said it was too late. I told him if I couldn’t have them I’d be prepared to lose the £1000 deposit and order another van. He emailed the factory and after a 3 day wait they told me I could add them.

Add LED lights whilst you're at it if you don't have them specced already....

I would be very surprised if they will amend your order. :(

I floated the idea today, and given the size of the grimaces I knew it wasn't looking good.. It's not a definite NO, more of a policy. There is a penalty cost should I insist, presumably to avoid any nose-to-nose situations, but given the change of mind was only minor, I'm not going to pursue it.

It's my second Transporter, the first we had for seven years, and we went through the build spec of the replacement very carefully, but it's a bloke thing this "Oooh, I didn't see that..."

PS - The more I read, the happier I am that we ticked the LED Headlight box..!!

Just so looooooong to wait now..

Have been quoted March 2019 for collection. That's five months from laying the deposit down, and just a tad concerning as it's getting near that Brexit date..!! Fingers crossed for no delays, then..

I ordered mine at the end of October and I’m collecting next week.....you might get it quicker

You can get much better leather added afterward, so wouldnt worry too much on the leatherette if they cant help.

I floated the idea today, and given the size of the grimaces I knew it wasn't looking good.. It's not a definite NO, more of a policy. There is a penalty cost should I insist, presumably to avoid any nose-to-nose situations, but given the change of mind was only minor, I'm not going to pursue it.

It's my second Transporter, the first we had for seven years, and we went through the build spec of the replacement very carefully, but it's a bloke thing this "Oooh, I didn't see that..."

PS - The more I read, the happier I am that we ticked the LED Headlight box..!!

Just so looooooong to wait now..
Yes we ticked the LED box too. I had read about poor headlights but also wanted and loved the led drl look too.

With Mercedes there is a final date you can change the order, Id have thought most would be the same!?

Back