Operation B14 has commenced

Anyone adjusted their B14's themselves?
The rears are about 10mm lower than the front - they were like that when fitted, they haven't settled - but it looks quite awkward to get in there and adjust them.
Any hints / tips or suggestions?

Your best off removing the bottom shock absorber bolt from the rear and remove the whole spring and adjuster in one go and then alter it off the van. The spring is a pain to remove yourself as you have to push down on the hub at the same time as removing the spring. I insert a metal bar into the hub and get my 6-3” 17 year old son who has the same body shape as Rodney Trotter to stand on it while I remove it.

Me and @T6180 were going to do his a couple of weeks ago at my house because it's not a difficult job when you have all the kit.

However, we were unable to do this because his wheels were literally so stuck to the rear hubs, even my full weight behind a good thumping wouldn't budge them.

A good reason for people to check their wheels actually come off once the bolts are removed, because his would be impossible to remove if he had a flat tyre out on the road.

Me and @T6180 were going to do his a couple of weeks ago at my house because it's not a difficult job when you have all the kit.

However, we were unable to do this because his wheels were literally so stuck to the rear hubs, even my full weight behind a good thumping wouldn't budge them.

A good reason for people to check their wheels actually come off once the bolts are removed, because his would be impossible to remove if he had a flat tyre out on the road.
Had the exact same thing on my last T5 so I now drive round with a piece of 4x2 and a lump hammer for the just in case scenario

I think it’s down to age/mileage
Top mounts are not cheap and if they have had little use may well not need replacing ?

Large rubber mallet has been ordered :whistle:

i always carry a rubber hammer, been caught out once before kicking hell out of a wheel on the side of the road on a jack:sick:

24oz's of rubber is due for collection in the morning....I'll attempt to get wheels off and sand off the powdercoat before the Royal wedding.....I mean FA Cup

I can then think about getting the rear lowered or I'll purchase some 19s....

So after fitting some £230 Joms to my van a set of 6 month 0ld B14s came up for sale, thought i'd see what all the fuss was about. If i'd paid full price I wouldn't be a happy bunny... Tiny improvement in ride quality over the Joms, and more of a ball ache to fit because the shock body is longer. Maybe I was expecting too much?

Have had mine for just over a week now and got to say I’m super impressed with them, arbs going on next

Hi, I’ve just bought a t32 Sportline Kombi 204 Dsg. I find the eibach sportline suspension very harsh and bumpy on smaller back roads.

Before the t6 I had a 140 highline t30 with H&r 40mm light load springs and ARB. I found it very comfortable and great handling on all roads.

I was thinking of going b14 with h&r arb but not sure to get the t32 or the t30 kit? I never carry any load in the van but sometimes pull a car transporter. I’m afraid the t32 kit will be no more comfortable the the standard sportline eibach setup.

What would you all recommend?

Thanks

Hi, I’ve just bought a t32 Sportline Kombi 204 Dsg. I find the eibach sportline suspension very harsh and bumpy on smaller back roads.

Before the t6 I had a 140 highline t30 with H&r 40mm light load springs and ARB. I found it very comfortable and great handling on all roads.

I was thinking of going b14 with h&r arb but not sure to get the t32 or the t30 kit? I never carry any load in the van but sometimes pull a car transporter. I’m afraid the t32 kit will be no more comfortable the the standard sportline eibach setup.

Thanks

I pretty sure you have to buy the t32 as the hubs are different to the t30.....unless you change the hubs as well

Ok thanks for your help.
Is there much comfort difference between the t30 and t32 kits with the b14’s?

I have zero experience of the T32 kit but I’ve got the T30 kit and have lowered the van the max amount and running 20 inch alloys and find the right as comfortable as the standard suspension

I watch with interest, as I have a T32 with 40mm H&R springs (T32 rated) and the handling improved a tad, but the ride is bloody awful. I would consider B14s or B8s if someone could say without hesitation the ride is much better, but it seems the "look" is what most people are aiming to achieve. I've driven a LWB Shuttle a lot recently and the ride is much better than mine, and I'm assuming it is based on a T32; so whats the difference ?

Thanks
Mine is the T32 on B14’s. Ride is far superior to lowering springs on original struts. Don’t think you can put the T30 parts on the T32; but equally don’t see why you’d want/ need to.

Back