Operation B14 has commenced

Mine is the T32 on B14’s. Ride is far superior to lowering springs on original struts. Don’t think you can put the T30 parts on the T32; but equally don’t see why you’d want/ need to.

Thanks, are the spring rates different in the t30 and t32 kits or is it just the thickness off the shocks?

@agauto I believe that it is a case of the legs being different in the brackets welded on to them, but can’t say for certain.
Oil @BognorMotors would be able to offer a definitive answer as he will have fitted B14’s to both derivatives.

Thanks, are the spring rates different in the t30 and t32 kits or is it just the thickness off the shocks?
I think I get where you are coming from now. You are worried about the ride being harsh so are thinking the t30 kit would be better as it might has softer springs than the t32?

Apart from the fact the t30 kit won’t actually fit your t32, you don’t have to worry about ride quality with B14s. It’s very comfortable. I went from standard suspension with 16” wheels to fully lowered B14s with 20” wheels and low profile tyres. I don’t notice any difference in the ride in terms of harshness. What I do notice is the van corners a lot better as it doesn’t roll as much. I don’t think you can compare B14s to lowering springs and shocks

I think I get where you are coming from now. You are worried about the ride being harsh so are thinking the t30 kit would be better as it might has softer springs than the t32?

Apart from the fact the t30 kit won’t actually fit your t32, you don’t have to worry about ride quality with B14s. It’s very comfortable. I went from standard suspension with 16” wheels to fully lowered B14s with 20” wheels and low profile tyres. I don’t notice any difference in the ride in terms of harshness. What I do notice is the van corners a lot better as it doesn’t roll as much. I don’t think you can compare B14s to lowering springs and shocks

Yes that basically what I was wondering, if the t30 kit is a softer more comfortable ride than the t32 kit?

Only one word now. WOW!!
What a difference, better drive in all respects. Acceleration from a start has less wheel spin, braking is more effective with less dive and cornering no longer guess work as to when the van will turn in and grip, steering is much more positive. B14's on highest setting and ARBs on firm. Even SWMBO thinks it was worth it, winner!!
Huge thanks to the guys @BognorMotors.
Didn't get any pictures for myself outside the famous sign but will get some up somewhere when I get home.

Only one word now. WOW!!
What a difference, better drive in all respects. Acceleration from a start has less wheel spin, braking is more effective with less dive and cornering no longer guess work as to when the van will turn in and grip, steering is much more positive. B14's on highest setting and ARBs on firm. Even SWMBO thinks it was worth it, winner!!
Huge thanks to the guys @BognorMotors.
Didn't get any pictures for myself outside the famous sign but will get some up somewhere when I get home.

It only gets better the more you drive it

I've always wondered what B14's look like on highest setting, so I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures. It's also interesting to know that even on the highest, they still feel much improved over standard, though I suspect the ARB's have a lot to do with that.

Can anyone recommend a garage near Chester that can set up Bilsteins B14’s. I have been back to the same garage 3 time now and it’s still not right

I call you this morning @BognorMotors and you gave me great information. When I relaid that information to the garage he had no idea. The caravelle still sits 30mm lower than the front and there is no gap between the tyre and the wheel arch so if anyone gets in the back it will be on its a**e

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found a used set of B14s for sale they are only 3 months old and covered 600 miles do As new. My question is is there any difference between T28 and T30 B14s or are they exactly the same?.
Secondly are there any specific things that I need to make sure are done when I get them fitted or is it straight forward?. I live in Newcastle and all fitting company’s I eould like to use ie,bognormotors are all south so to far to travel . Any advice appreciated also any guide on what it would cost to have fitted . Many thanks

It only gets better the more you drive it

I've always wondered what B14's look like on highest setting, so I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures. It's also interesting to know that even on the highest, they still feel much improved over standard, though I suspect the ARB's have a lot to do with that.

B14s on highest setting:

Van-2-2.jpg

I have found a used set of B14s for sale they are only 3 months old and covered 600 miles do As new. My question is is there any difference between T28 and T30 B14s or are they exactly the same?.
Secondly are there any specific things that I need to make sure are done when I get them fitted or is it straight forward?. I live in Newcastle and all fitting company’s I eould like to use ie,bognormotors are all south so to far to travel . Any advice appreciated also any guide on what it would cost to have fitted . Many thanks
From my research, there are only 2 types of B14: t28/t30 and t32 so yes the t28 and t30 are the same.

Please can you tell me what the drive is like at that height . It seems the perfect height for me and my main interest is comfort and smoothness . Thanks.

A cut'n'paste of something I posted a while ago....

'The ARBs made the single biggest difference to the handling BALANCE of my van (T32, 17" Devonport wheels).
I covered approx. 1000 miles on the standard suspension. Very little body control - feels like sitting on a pogo stick. Ride quite 'trashy'. Handling shows strong understeer in the corners - a pretty typical balance. Pronounced body roll (hey, it's a van).
B14s fitted at approx. 1000 miles - set to the minimum ride drop - i.e. at the highest. Massively improved damping and hence body control. Ride much much better - a huge step forward in terms of comfort. Body roll reduced.
BUT - handling balance unchanged. Still very strong understeer in the corners.
H&R ARBs fitted approx. 1000 miles after the B14s, and set to their stiffest setting. Ride perhaps marginally affected. Handling balance improved enormously - the van has gone from strong understeer to a very neutral handling balance, giving great confidence in the corners. Body roll significantly reduced.

It's still a van with a high-ish centre of gravity but I'm very pleased with the ride and handling balance - it is a very enjoyable vehicle to drive.'

Back